Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill for suite passengers?

Charliesmom

AAAamerican wrote that there is breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill for suite passengers. To my knowledge that did not happen on either of my Westerdam cruises. We are scheduled for a Veendam cruise in December.

Does anyone know if there is breakfast in the Pinnacle for suite passengers on the Veendam at this time?

Thanks for your help.

Roberta

The Westerndam should have had breakfast availble in the Pinnacle for suite pax (S and PS). I don't know why they didn't on your cruise.

It should be available on the Veendam. The menu is the same as the dining room. :)

Suite breakfast is offered on all of the ships. Sometimes it is in Pinnacle and sometimes the Queen's Room. You will find a letter on the bureau in your Suite when you board and it will detail those sorts of things available to Suite guests.

We almost never go to Suite Breakfast but this last cruise on Maasdam our friends wanted to go. We joined them several mornings (rather than have our much relished Room Service) and really enjoyed our breakfast there.

The breakfast was probably offered on your cruise -- they just don't really advertise it. The meal is the same as the one you get in the main dinning room. Its really not that special. I ate there once, in 21 days, on the Westerdam. I do like the fresh orange juice in the Lido but the OJ in the Pinnacle was from concentrate. All in all I still like my breakfast in the Lido.

The breakfast was probably offered on your cruise -- they just don't really advertise it. The meal is the same as the one you get in the main dinning room. Its really not that special. I ate there once, in 21 days, on the Westerdam. I do like the fresh orange juice in the Lido but the OJ in the Pinnacle was from concentrate. All in all I still like my breakfast in the Lido.

Yes, but the breakfast is served well and coffee is far superior. We ate breakfast wherever possible in the Pinnacle on the Westerdam in December last year. One of the great perks of a suite. We hated the Lido and only ate their for lunch the day the ship departed. It's one of the perks of a suite that we really appreciate, along with the Neptune Lounge - makes you feel like you are on a really small ship, no crowds!

Today 05:45 PM

Yes, but the breakfast is served well and coffee is far superior. We ate breakfast wherever possible in the Pinnacle on the Westerdam in December last year. One of the great perks of a suite. We hated the Lido and only ate their for lunch the day the ship departed. It's one of the perks of a suite that we really appreciate, along with the Neptune Lounge - makes you feel like you are on a really small ship, no crowds!

Today 05:45 PM

So True! The coffee is better! After breakfast drop by the Neptune for a latte....and take it back to sip on your verandah! The pampering is just too good!

We were in an S in September on Statendam and absolutely no mention of breakfast in the PG.

Gary

I'd be very surprised notice of that availability wasn't mentioned in one of the letters/notices/cards placed on your bureau on embarkation day. There are usually a number of papers there and if you didn't read everything, you may have missed it. That's a shame as it seems you might have been interested in trying it.

Look for it next time.

Only P and S category passengers get this opportunity but, quite frankly, if they offered it on our Volendam cruise we totally missed it. On the other hand, Mrs. K is not exactly a morning person so first breakfast was room service coffee and juice to get her caffeine infusion started. Depending on it being a sea day or a shore tour we'd grab a later casual or quick breakfast in the Lido.

Have been in an S a number of times and have used the PG for breakfast. Surprised as one may be, there was nothing in the suite amenities packet that indicated this as an option. No biggie, as I typically prefer the Lido for breakfast as the service is better and the food is hotter.

Gary

Did you also read the sheet in the Portfolio left permanently in every Suite?

If it wasn't either on your bureau or in the Portfoloio, someone goofed. :eek:

One can always inquire from the Concierge about all amenties in general or any single one in particular.

We both read through all the information in our cabin on the Volendam and neither of us remembers any mention of a separate arrangement for suite passengers. Indeed, and I'm confessing this right up front, neither of us was interested so it very well might have not registered on the "got to do" meter. Probably also has something to do with not asking Regina about such a service since we didn't particularly have any interest. Regina was very forthcoming about what she could/would do for us and we did use her services during the cruise for other things so it wasn't like we were never around her.

When we had our S suite a few years ago, I found that there were several perks that were "advertised" only by a buried mention in the fine print of some sheet of paper or other, with different sheets of paper for different perks. Some came under the door, some were on the desk, some were a card on a shelf somewhere. You really had to read every single word of everything to find them all (one of the things being a compulsive reader is good for ;) ) And look in every closet and drawer for the binoculars and umbrella.

Probably why we were the only couple in the Pinnacle most mornings.

Letting folks know seems to be a weak point of HAL's. I would hope that HAL would create a comprehensive written information sheet, but have not seen or heard of one yet.

Archived