Is there a reason??

newbie2468

Is there a reason Princess closes a tour? Do they ever re-open it? We are going on the Crown in March and wanted to do the BOB underwater experience. They say it is incredible..I notice now it is closed on our shore excursion list. I am leary to book independently as this is my first cruise and first time on these islands..

Thanks for any input/advice

Is there a reason Princess closes a tour? Do they ever re-open it? We are going on the Crown in March and wanted to do the BOB underwater experience. They say it is incredible..I notice now it is closed on our shore excursion list. I am leary to book independently as this is my first cruise and first time on these islands..

Uh, they close it because it's full at the time. Sometimes (my experience is with other cruise lines) they will re-open if people cancel once on the ship.

Also, tours will close (again, my experience is with other cruise lines) because you are close to your cruise and they close all the tours.

As for doing the particular tour on your own, check the ports of call page and see what others who have been there have to say.

Don't stress. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, there might be problems reported with the tour operator, or it just might be unavailable. Sometimes at the end of cruise season, some of the tour operators close up shop early. For whatever reason, what you want to do is unavailable for your cruise.

They leave about a third of the space open for booking onboard. But also since the cruise is in March you should check back online from time to time as people do change their mind and cancel, re-opening up space before the online bookings close.

... wanted to do the BOB underwater experience. They say it is incredible..

Have you considered a discovery SCUBA dive instead. You may find it a far superior experience and the cost is about the same. If you're not sure you can check with your local dive shop, or the dive folks onboard ship.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na599&submit=pk

http://www.newwaves.com/

BOB looks cool, but you can't just zip around where ever you want. More like the sub ride at Disney was.

Our snorkeling excursion in Ketchikan booked up really early--months before our cruise. Fortunately, there was enough demand that Princess arranged to add a second group at a later time. That one sold out quickly onboard.

Is there a reason Princess closes a tour? Do they ever re-open it? We are going on the Crown in March and wanted to do the BOB underwater experience. They say it is incredible..I notice now it is closed on our shore excursion list. I am leary to book independently as this is my first cruise and first time on these islands.. Thanks for any input/advice

Seems to me this would be a very limited and very popular tour. With equipment limitations they can only handle so many folks. It is not like other tours where they can just "put on another bus".

FloridaLaura,

I think actually the claim is that you can book excursions up to 120 before the cruise. I think they finally opened up our ability to book at about 110 days. You have to keep checking your personalizer on Princess.com

Archived