Nativeway - tipping guides & DVD

nicschick

We will be doing the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway in just over a week! Yea!

How many guides are usually on this tour?

How much do you recommend tipping each guide?

Is the DVD footage actually from your excursion?

Thanks to all for the help I have received so far from these forums and for the future help!

hey we did the tour last month, it was well worth every cent. Anyway to answer your questions, there were 2 tour guides and one videographer. We are a family of four and tipped $20 (5 per person). We bought the DVD and it is great. The ray part was all from our tour. I am not sure about the snorking part though, it was getting ready to rain, the water was choppy and visibility was not as "good" as I have seen it before. But the footage was nice. So it may have been from another day, or she may have gotten the footage in deeper water where the visability may have been better. Either way, I would highly recommend getting the DVD. It is nice to watch on those cold nights by the fire.

We will be on the tour Thanksgiving Day!! Did you give 1 person the $20 or should I bring change to tip everyone separately?

We were told that tips were split, so I added the tip into my tour payment. Enjoy your trip, it will be great time.:p

We tipped more than that, but do what ever you feel they deserve. After being in Jamaica we felt very happy to give them more for their professional tour/but friendly one!! Remember...they are not just a taxi service, they are with you the whole time. They make you feel very comfortable as well. If River Tubing in Jamaica was for just 30 mins and the suggested rate is atleast $3.00 a person for tip.....just food for thought.

Our DVD was awesome! It's about 30 mins just of our snorkel and stingray trip! I can't imagine not buying it!!! And we had a gorgeous day for this awesome excursion!

We will be on the tour Thanksgiving Day!! Did you give 1 person the $20 or should I bring change to tip everyone separately?
We will be there on Thanksgiving day too. What boat are you on? We are on the Victory. We will be taking the Island tour, going to hell and the turtle farm. Hope to see you there on Turkey Day, much better than cooking dinner huh!!!

Sandgnat - Please come back and tell us about your tour. We are also taking the same tour Dec 26 and would enjoy hearing about the tour.
I have gone with native ways on two other occassions, the last 5 1/2 years ago. Eldon has always run a good trip for me. I'll definetly give a review when we get back.

We did the RRR tour with Nativeway in April. We tipped $20.00 for the two of us and also bought the dvd. The DVD was $60.00 but well worth it. They filmed everyone with the stingrays (kissing, touching , back massage and feeding them) then they filmed the snorkeling and our was recorded that day as he films people snorkeling in the water and we actually watched him film some of the coral where he tried to get a lobster come out. Then he filmed again at Rum Point and tries to catch everyone again. The DVD is then put to music and mailed to you in about 2 weeks.

It was well worth it.

Hi i took the rum point trip last month with native way i was a little bit apprehensive after all the bad publicity that the stingrays have got in recent months but the guys on the boat made you feel real comfortable. there were 2 crew members and a guy that does video. we ended up tiping the crew $20 and the video guy $5. we weren't sure weather to buy the video so we took a chance and took it. it was the best thing that we did they did a good job they capture my 2 year old daughter kissin and holdin the stingray. everyone really looked after us i wpul recomend this to anyone and everyone. we have even booked to go back in january :D :D :D :D

Can we pay with a credit card for video, or do we need

cash?

thanks!

The luxury of using a Credit Card is available with Nativeway/Videographer. In fact, you reserve with your credit card and then they charge you after the excursion.

The DVD can be purchased as well through the video company with credit card. This is what we did....

I have found through the years most people are not interested in watching film/movies of trips...but this personal DVD gets 2 thumbs up from everyone and they are usually anxious to watch it. Pretty neat! The Reggae music about Grand Cayman makes the approx. 30 min DVD/VHS very professional.

Just returned today and we did the Rays, Reef, Rumpoint tour. By far the best excursion we did!

The were 4 of us and we tipped each guide $20. There were only 8 people on the boat and we got such friendly and attentive service that I felt it was well worth it.

Snorkeling didn't have that much to see but the eel more than made up for that!

Stingrays--awesome! We spent a lot of time there since no one wanted to leave

Rum Point--beautiful and relaxing. Great lunch

We didn't buy the DVD but now I'm starting to rethink that. Hope I still have the card!

• 2 weeks later...

We did this on 11/15/06 and LOVED IT!!!!!!!

The 2 tourguides were fantastic. The videographer was great too. We tipped the 2 guides $20 each and the videographer $10 bucks (all we had) and they were worth every cent. You can tip what you like, but these folks were the highlight of our cruise.

Today we got the DVD (11 days later) and we laughed and smiled all the way through. The music was fun and the footage was fantastic and very high quality. It was all of our excursion as we recognized ourselves on the reef and of course kissing (frisbee) the stingray at SR city. Best $60 bucks I ever spent. The quality was fantastic and the music they added was fun. Get the DVD!!!!

Footage included the "crowded" boat of 8 tourists and all our fun for the day including playing at Rum Point. Food at rum point was excellent also. Our tourguide coaxed a nurse shark and moray eel out of the reef and we petted the shark. A fantastic tour.

I can't say enough good things about Native Way. Tip them as you feel appropriate, but you will want to tip more. They make it that much fun. Our guide stopped the van at big daddy's liquor store so a guy on our tour could purchase some fancy liquor not sold in the US. They are very accomodating and personal. You will love this tour.

We didn't buy the DVD but now I'm starting to rethink that. Hope I still have the card!

Yes, you screwed up. Best $60 bucks I spent. They did a marvelous job on the DVD.

here ya go

www.vipcayman.com

Email: vip@candw.ky

Tell them the date, time and boat you were on... eg: 11/05/06 9:00 am "My Way" and I bet they can get it to you.

Get the DVD... you will be glad you did.

Archived