discounts

westmount

I have booked my first regent cruise for next may, and noticed that they are now offering a 20% discount for their past customers, which means to me that half the ship will be paying less than I booked for. Does anyone have any experience here concerning their policy on discounting, as the 5% I consider loyalty, 20% I consider unfair.

regards

westmount

May I ask which ship?

Unless you booked one of the higher category suites, there will be plenty of people who are paying more than you. But everybody will get the same smiling friendly service, the same great food, the same comfort.

RSSC's past cruiser discount varies with different cruises. Some of them don't have a discount at all, but that doesn't stop those of us who appreciate the quality service from booking the itinerary that attracts us. Once you sail with them, you'll understand that better, and then you can get the loyalty discounts, too.

They usually only discount 5% on select sailings for the Seven Seas Society Sailings; Some are now discounted slightly more and some not at all. This is the first time I've seen it at 20% for past passengers. Just think, next time you book a Regent Cruise, you will be entitled to a PAST passenger discount!

They usually only discount 5% on select sailings for the Seven Seas Society Sailings; Some are now discounted slightly more and some not at all. This is the first time I've seen it at 20% for past passengers. Just think, next time you book a Regent Cruise, you will be entitled to a PAST passenger discount!

I have never seen a 20% discount either and I would like to know which ship, what date and which destination. I am free next May!

:)

Select Med cruises 7 day

Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Voyager -May 14

Monte Carlo to Piraeus-Navigator-May 19

Piraeus to Monte Carlo- navigator- May 26

Civitavecchia to Nice-Voyager-May 26

Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia- navigator- June 2

Part of What A Fare Promo. ( I think some air discount program wiht this , Didn't read it all because I can't go at this time) Says must be booked by Dec. 31, I believe.

Select Med cruises 7 day

Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Voyager -May 14

Monte Carlo to Piraeus-Navigator-May 19

Piraeus to Monte Carlo- navigator- May 26

Civitavecchia to Nice-Voyager-May 26

Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia- navigator- June 2

Part of What A Fare Promo. ( I think some air discount program wiht this , Didn't read it all because I can't go at this time) Says must be booked by Dec. 31, I believe.

I think it is true to say that loyalty programmes are promoted by the cruise line, Regent Seven Seas. I can find no mention of big discounts for past cruisers for these sailings on the Rssc web site.

See the terms below. I see this as an extra 10% discount, taking them into consideration

Terms:

This Seven Seas Society 20% savings is not combinable with the current Onboard Booking discount (5%) or Onboard Xtra (10%) or the standard 5% savings for Seven Seas Society members.

I am trying to attach the offer I received. I am not very good at this and trying to leave out images because it won't allow me to include all these images

Explore the Mediterranean...

with additional 20% society savings

Dear xxxx,

When you sail with Regent Seven Seas Cruises, you are more than a passenger. You become part of the Seven Seas Society, our special family of past guests. We sincerely thank you for sailing with us, and in appreciation of your loyalty, we are giving you an additional 20% savings off current specials on select voyages to the Mediterranean on Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Navigator.

You can witness the myths and wonders of the Adriatic and Greek isles and tour the ancient shores of Black Sea ports. The exclusive allure of the Italian and French Rivieras will captivate even the most experienced traveler.

Come witness the storybook charm of the Old World the way it was meant to be seen - personal, up-close and far more authentic with Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

Contact your travel professional or Regent Seven Seas Cruises at 866-213-4800 today.

SPECIAL OFFER:

BARCELONA TO CIVITAVECCHIA (FOR ROME) on SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER

Fares from $5,176 - Represents a savings of 30% compared to the standard rate of $7,395

7 nights - Departing May 14, 2007

Enjoy spectacular savings on air with our "What A Fare Deal" special

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONTE CARLO TO PIRAEUS (FOR ATHENS) on SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR

Fares from $4,476 - Represents a savings of 30% compared to the standard rate of $6,395

7 nights - Departing May 19, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIRAEUS (FOR ATHENS) TO MONTE CARLO on SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR

Fares from $4,476 - Represents a savings of 30% compared to the standard rate of $6,395

7 nights - Departing May 26, 2007

CIVITAVECCHIA (FOR ROME) TO NICE on SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER

Fares from $5,546 - Represents a savings of 25% compared to the standard rate of $7,395

7 nights - Departing May 26, 2007

MONTE CARLO TO CIVITAVECCHIA (FOR ROME) on SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR

Fares from $4,796 - Represents a savings of 25% compared to the standard rate of $6,395

7 nights - Departing June 2, 2007

Fares are per person, based on double occupancy. Port handling, security and fuel surcharges are additional. Certain restrictions may apply. Promotional offers are capacity controlled and are subject to change.

The Seven Seas Society 20% discount has certain restrictions and is available until 12/31/2006. After 12/31/2006, the standard 5% discount for Society members will apply.

Guests booking "What a Fare Deal" - Business Class at Full Regular Economy Class Air add-on plus $499 supplement. Air routing, scheduling and carrier are at the discretion of RSSC.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33334

If you would like to be removed from the Regent Seven Seas Cruises newsletter, please click here.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.13.26/516 - Release Date: 11/3/2006

To all loyal RSSC members,

I had my first cruise on the Seabourn this summer, and thought I would try an equally wonderful, yet larger ship. While I consider on board discounts wonderful for future voyages, I did one myself, I don't consider a large discount to anyone who has ever sailed on a past voyage such an exclusive group, and that type of discount should be given to all paseengers, especially those that booked 10 months in advance. I'm sure I will enjoy all that the Regent has to offer and more, but know I will enjoy it to a greater degree with the knowledge that it was priced fairly for all. The trip is from Barcelona to Rome, and I hope more of you sign up as an empty ship is a boring ship, and that wouldn't be much fun for anyone.

regards

westmount

Wow, that's pretty tempting, I admit. But it's quite limited in terms of time, so I don't know how I feel about the Seven Seas Society issue. Since I'm one of those, I admit I like the perks, there are few enough perks, and membership is not exactly exclusive. On Voyager in June, I would say about half the ship were past cruisers.

I booked this trip around my 25th aniversary, and was told that the Regent is trying very hard to bring in the under ??? age group. I believe I'm a fair person, want and expect the best, but if half the guest are Society members, and they are entitled to a further discount after booking, I think Regent owes it to everyone to reduce the fare by 15%, outside of the 5% regular society discount. There should be a price for booking early, and a price for booking with two days to go, but if a special goes on to increase the bookings everyone should be treated fairly. The Seabourn Society includes everyone who's ever sailed on a Carnival Corporation ship, so you understand my thinking that it is marketing oriented and not special status. Any of these cruiselines who want to give big discounts to people who spent 300 days in the last two years on their ships is OK with me, but not just a past member exclusive of first timers.

westmount

I think the wonderful thing about Regent is that you do NOT have to amass numerous days to get "exclusive" status. Just one cruise, so it is very INclusive! I'm just a regular consumer, not a marketing expert. They like to get us "hooked", but no guarantee after one cruise that they will do so without good service. If you go again based on a perk, then they can really get you hooked to the point you won't even refuse to take a cruise that doesn't even have the Past Passenger discount (and there are many of them, and I don't like that but I buy them)! These Med cruises are like "Special specials", perhaps in a season when people are not thinking about the Med, or maybe targeted to 2nd or 3rd time cruisers. They know how many berths they have to fill, and I have no problem with them offering them first to past cruisers, as the bean counters know how many will likely sign on. But still it is not really 20%, more like 10% as there is a "no lose" in booking on-board, so long as you cancel in time. Website already says that everyone is already getting what, 30-35% off (a joke at brochure rates)

Quite frankly, I like that Regent offers me perks now and then as a past passenger who really took a leap of faith in them several years ago when I booked my first cruise. I did not then jump to Seabourn, then Silversea, then Crystal. I stayed there because they delivered me a quality product when they were going where I wanted to go. I hope you will feel this way, too, after your first cruise with them next year. BUT, I can't wait for those new Seabourn ships! I think this is the most exciting cruise line news I've heard in a long time!

A loyal Regent member

We received the 20% society discount email and pretty much booked immediately, especially once we saw that airfare was included. We've only been on Regent once (PG this past June) - we are used to Silversea and not very well versed on Regent's deals. So this sounds like a good one to y'all?...glad we booked, then!

It has been my personal experience with cruisie pricing, that the cruise industry pricing structure is very much like the airlines. It is based upon timing, and supply and demand. Fares are a moving target, and you need to grab the bargains while they are there! We usually cruise on either SeaDream or Regent. (RSSC). Our last RSSC cruise was actually at 50% off! And another was cancelled when they took the Song of Flower out of service. SeaDream Yacht Club has been raising prices steadily, especially since they were just named by CondeNast as the #1 Small Cruise Line, a different category than the Regent award.

Back to the point...if you walk up and down an airplane and ask everyone what they paid....hmmm.....I couldn't imagine the range of pricing.

So, try to get the best pricing you can, use a good Travel Agent who does good follow up, and then be happy with what you've got!

The prices could go up and down for the next year!

One thing to keep in mind with regard to Regent is that if you purchase a cruise and the price subsequently goes down, it has been my experience that in almost all cases, you will be able to get the lower price honored--especially if you work with a TA that has experience with Regent.

-----------

Eugene

To Dreps and LBLBSC,

This is the last word i'm going to say on the matter, as it's just not that important. Airlines don't give their frequesnt flyers 20% discounts, not even their top tiered ones, and my only request was that beyond the normal loyalty discount of 5%, they guarentee the cruise price to all passengers, not just one time repeaters. Last minute specials are just that,and fair game, but if you want a first timer to be a loyal client, you don't burn them for a couple thousand dollars, it's not worth it.

Thanks for all your responses and I'm sure I'll love the cruise, with or without the discount.

Westmount

Archived