Nachi-Cocom

CajunLiner

I love Nachi Cocom! The food is good, the service is great and the prices are very reasonable. The pool with a swim-up bar is an added plus. The beach is clean and beautiful - you can't go wrong here. I prefer Nachi Cocom over Paradise - it's usually less crowded and the atmosphere is more relaxed. The waiters are really friendly and entertaining. It's a great place. Have fun!

Is there an admission charge?

I don't think there is an admission charge, but you are expected to buy some food and a drink or 3.

While on a dive trip, we stopped there for our surface interval in March. It did look like a nice place. Not crowded at all.

When we were there 2 years ago, Nachi Cocom did not have an entrance fee. I just checked Cozumel Insider's beach chart and they do not show that Nachi Cocom has an entrance fee.

Here's a link to "Insider's" beach chart:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches/ Sherri even has coupons available to various beach clubs for food and drink.

definitly i went to Nachicocom this week so.... is beautiful place really i liked so much and the entrance is fee... is better than paradise club¡¡¡¡¡,

thank you nachicocom for give me a good day:) ;)

can't compare it to paridise.........cause we have not been there.........if we were not swimming w/ the sealions this time we would be right back there............it was great........

• 1 month later...

I received an email from the manager yesterday and here are the all inclusive packages:

Open bar/domestic/use of non motorized water sports - $32

Open bar/domestic/buffet from 1:00 - 3:30 - $43

If you email him at the nachi-cocom website he will respond with a 10% discount on inclusive packages and a 20% discount on food.

No admission, but they do ask you spend up to $10.00 on food and beverage.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Don't do the inclusive package unless you plan to be there for more than 3 hours. Service was VERY slow and they only had one bartender.

There was no entrance fee... and the entrance of the beach smelled of sewage - GROSS!!!! Bathrooms were okay - not the best.

Food was good, beach was beautiful, no snorkeling, nothing to see - chairs filled up very quickly.

If you want seclusion, somewhere quiet and not so crowded, go to Nachi Cocom.

If you're a drinker - this place has WEAK drinks and service was awful unless you were a big group.

When I was there in March, we had awesome service. Our server was very attentive and the second we were done with our drinks we had new ones. They weren't loaded by any stretch, but i had a good buzz going by the time I left, we were going to go shopping so i didnt want to be stumbling around!! When we booked our cruise we picked the cruise we found with the longest time spent in Cozumel solely because we wanted to come back here. Maybe they were short of help that day, sorry you didnt have a great time Lisa!

I guess I expected more since the boards had such great reviews of this place. We didn't get our monies worth on the inclusive package so I don't recommend it unless you plan on being there for more than 3 hours.

Also, when you ask for the "cruise critic" discount, talk to the manager, she's more helpful than the staff.

Lisa

Your husband sounds just like me, that is the single thing of my next cruise that am looking forward to the most! I cannot wait to step foot on the beach there!!! I had never snorkeled in the ocean before i went there, i tried it there, even though there wasnt anything real nice to look at , it was still pretty fun. I saw some cool looking fish, so that made my trip! Im dreaming of one of their Mama-Sitas right now!!!

Lisa, could you explain what that is? Never heard of it.

I sent an email to the manager at Nachi Cocom and he replied back to me with a 10% discount on packages or a 20% discount on food and beverage.

When I went to Nachi Cocom, they had no idea what I was talking about and even printed out the email the Manager, Salvador gave me, then the girl said "Cruise Critic?" I said yes, I am a member of cruise critic - so she told the waiter that I am entitled to the "Cruise Critic" discount. Which was 10% off of the packages.

So somehow - they have an "unsaid" cruise critic discount, try it. Doesn't hurt to try.

The last three times we were in Cozumel, we headed to N.C. first thing in the morning. Love this beach. Some of the best, clean sand and water we've found, and it never fails. Service??? Well, I suppose it depends on what you want. I never had a problem getting a beer or nachos whenever I wanted. I would say that the service was more "unobtrusive." They didn't bug you to death, but were there if you indicated you needed something. I truly would consider this beach more of a quiet, family atmosphere over some of the Beach Clubs around Cozumel. A palm tree, beach chair, cold beer, soothing surf and a good book - now what more could one want? Oh, they also have a hot tub, restaurant, small gift shop, and large swimming pool if that is your interest. Never heard anything about any packages and have never paid any cover charge. We always take a taxi out....a little pricey, but definitely worth it. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

We went to PB in January but did not stay more than 15 minutes. It was too crowded, no trees near the beach chair area, and burgers were pricey (around $10). We ended up on the wild side at Chen Rio, which is not cheap, but definitely less people and a gorgeous beach with no music. I like to hear the waves.

I just got back from the 9/26/04 Elation cruise. In Coz, after snorkeling at Dzul Ha, and driving past the wild side, we back tracked to NC where I brought my group of 10 to have lunch and spent the afternoon in chairs under the palm trees in the sand sipping Mammacitas and beer and enjoying time in the beautiful clear water. I had left my folder with my cozumelinsider coupons in the car in Galveston as well as my email from NC about the CC discount. When I arrived, I explained the situation to the young man, but he said he could do nothing for me. I asked about the manager but got no where, disappointingly. BTW, his tip was included in the lunch bill. He said they did not have a buffet that day (Wednesday 9/29) but if we wanted an all inclusive we could chose 2 non seafood items from the menu and pay $10, plus pay $32 for all you can drink. I am returning to Cozumel Thanksgiving week and am planning what our group of 12 will be doing. I would love to return to NC, but I still disappointed about our initial treatment.

But compared to PB, NC is more my style.

Hi p2lockhart. Would you please elaborate about why NC is more your style than PB? My husband and I are over 60 and we would like a nice beach with smooth sand and good swimming. We must have shade and of course clean bathrooms!!!! We like to swim and take long walks. Which of the two would you recommend and why? I am so happy to find someone who has been to both. Thanks

Archived