Nachi-Cocom

CajunLiner

Hi Howard! Yes we are still going...although I would like to see my docs!

I follow your long and popular thread, but I don't have much to add to it. We will be in Puerto Rico on the 23rd, but we will be staying in Isla Verde, so I don't think we'll come into town for the party.

We used to spend Xmas vacations in Aruba when our kids were younger, so we'll just go to Palm Beach.

I would like to know what the new schedule is. Longer hours in Aruba would suit me fine!

I will look for the blue ribbons and introduce myself. My husband isn't much for Cruise Critic. Last cruise, I missed the CC party because there was a conflicting activity.

I noticed on the Celebrity website that the Oct.25th sailing is wide open...and it is so close to sailing time. Isn't that unusual? I don't think we will have a crowded ship!!!

Looking forward to meeting you. Enjoy the week of the 18th!

Babylene, our group of 10 ranged in age from 47 to 58, with only 2 under 50. We all loved NC. You can't see other beach clubs. There is no loud, blaring music on the beach. The chairs in the sand are under palapas with trees nearby, also hammocks. Most of us stayed in the calm, clear waters the entire time. It was so refreshing. That day you could have water skiied out there. We got good beach service from the waiter. My mammacitas were $5 in 12 oz plastic cups. I think the beer was about $3, but I do not drink beer so I could be wrong. I had some good quesadillas in the restaurant that were very filling. We did not use the pool with the swim up bar, but it looked inviting. It is big enough to swim in. The water in the Caribbean was great to swim in as well, but not so good for snorkeling. We did our snorkeling earlier at Dzul Ha.

For me, PB's beach was not as inviting as NC's. You could see other beach clubs so there was no sense of solitude. No palm trees or palapas near the lounge chairs, just umbrellas if I recall correctly. The water did not look as inviting to stay in or to swim or snorkel in that day. Perhaps it was the wave action that day... They did have an ice berg, but that's not something that would interest me. I think they had some music going, but I could be mistaken on that. The $10ish price tag on the hamburger did not impress me either. For some reason I just have a problem with that one. I don't think they cost that much in Paris.

I like it quiet, shady, calm and as cool as possible under the circumstances because I have chronic migraines. NC seems to fit my requirements more than PB. I do love the beauty and solitude of the beaches of the wild side, but they are not safe to swim in.

You could always stop at PB to look it over, check out the menu. Then continue south to NC and look it over, check out the menu, be sure to walk past the pool area to see the palapas and hammocks and walk to the water's edge. Then make your decision.

Cozumelinsider.com has some interactive beach sites that show pictures of several beaches as well as provide lots on info, if you have not already checked it out. Good luck in making your decision and have a great cruise.

Archived