Cabins/PG

jeanine

:o Hello out there, just booked my very first cruise, June 4th Paul Gaughin. Booked into Cabin 707. If you have stayed in that cabin would appreciate comments. Was very pleased to find out that PG has down pillows!! Now I don't have to bring my own. I feel as though my fantasies are going to actually come true. I have stayed in some beautiful properties in the past, Malleahana on Anguilla, Le Sireneuse, Positano and a beautiful villa in Eze, France to name a few. I am more excited about this vacation than any of the others. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, Jeanine

All I can say about cruising on the PG is

on a scale of 1 to 10

for us this cruise was a 12!!!

Oh yea and we were in cabin 314 and thought it was wonderful.

You will really like yours.

As I remember, all the cabins on deck 7 have a balcony as we did. Since this is your first cruise, I think you will find it more than adequate. If you decide to cruise on other RSSC ships other than the Daimond and PG, the cabins on the other ships are larger. But it will not make a difference! The PG was one of my favorite Radisson cruises and I have taken many of them. Don't fret about your cabin...you will love the cruise!

Hi Jeanine,

We're going on the June 4 cruise too! In fact, we'll be right next you in 705! I'm really excited about this cruise and know it will be wonderful. Like you, I'm looking for pre-cruise place to stay too. We'll be flying from Washington to Los Angeles and want to get acclimated for a few days before getting on the ship. Hope we can share some information.

We have cruised before and already know what a wonderful vacation it is. This will be our first time with Radisson and I think it will be a wonderful experience. I'm not too excited about the long flight and still debating whether we should try to upgrade to business class.

Huahine does sound like a wonderful place to start out. Have you found out anything about how to get there and where to stay?

Nancy

At the moment we're booked on a back-to-back getting off on June 4th! Not sure if we'll stick with the booking, or drop down to a single week. We have a balcony at the moment, but will drop to an "E" if we keep the two weeks.

I am also thinking Huahine for a pre- or post-, since we've not seen that island. The Te Tiare hotel has gotten rave reviews on one of the FP boards.

As for the long flights, since we are flying from the east, we try to stay overnight in LA both ways, that helps, and is worth paying the cost of the deviation and the hotel. Also, at least overnight in Papeete before the cruise, if you can't manage a pre-cruise package. Having been there twice, I would also consider a pre-cruise on Tahiti itself, since I would like to get out and see the rest of that island.

The PG is a wonderful experience--we've done it twice already, and are hooked. Did the Diamond already this summer, and loved that too, but the PG will always hold first place for us I think, since it was our first cruise.

We stayed at Te Tiare as part of a pre-cruise package in Nov. 2000. It was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed walking the long beach, a boat tour around the island, renting a car and driving the island, and trips into the small town. The bungalow was large and comfortable.

Be aware that the resort is both small and isolated. You go to town based on the boat shuttle schedule. Te Tiare appeared to be by far the best resort on the island if you like that sort of place. It isn't for everyone, but we loved it and would certainly go back.

Hi Nancy, we are doing the pre on Huahine, Te Tiare Resort, Fly from Tahiti ,35 minute flight I understand. Think we stay one night on Papeete then 3 nights on Huahine. Look forward to meeting you next year. Jeanine

As others have mentioned, Air Tahiti is the local carrier between islands. You can get to Moorea by ferry, but all of the other islands require flying. Baggage weight limitations are much lower on Air Tahiti than on the larger airlines that fly into Papeete. Air Tahiti allows 44 pounds per (international) passenger in the cargo hold and just 6.6 pounds carry-on. Local people flying on Air Tahit have a 22 pound limit in the cargo hold. Sometimes they do not weigh and enforce this, but they usually do and will charge you extra $ if you exceed the limit. Compared to the entire cost of your FP vacation this should not make a big difference, but it's a reason to try to pack as lightly as possible.

Archived