Has anyone heard?

linsue1231

DH just called me and said a cowork heard there is another missing passanger. Dont know what line or any details.

Has anyone heard about this? I told him I thought they were playing around with him, as we leave thursday on the Spirit.

Linda

from Cruise-Junkies.com

November 4

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Cruise Lines A 42 year old man fell from his balcony at approximately 11:00 PM. The ship did search and rescue and then search and recovery for 4 hours and then halted operations at 3:30 AM. Coast Guard helicoptors and 3 fishing vessels aided in the search and were later joined by a Coast Guard cutter -- they continued the search witout success. The ship resumed its course to Galveston, likely to arrive 3 or 4 hours late.

DH just called me and said a cowork heard there is another missing passanger. Dont know what line or any details.

Has anyone heard about this? I told him I thought they were playing around with him, as we leave thursday on the Spirit.

Linda

There's another thread on this somewhere. It was the Conquest out of Galveston I think? A 43 year old man.

I just don't "get it"! I can't help but wonder if these people are so intoxicated that they don't know what is going on, or if it is intentional. We had a balcony on our last cruise, and there was no way, short of climbing up on something, that I could have fallen over. Almost has to be intentional or murder.:eek:

I just don't "get it"! I can't help but wonder if these people are so intoxicated that they don't know what is going on, or if it is intentional. We had a balcony on our last cruise, and there was no way, short of climbing up on something, that I could have fallen over. Almost has to be intentional or murder.:eek:

I agree that I don't get it either. We have had a balcony, and I don't see any way of just falling over, even if I did have too much to drink. I am not meaning to sound harsh, I think this is just terribly terribly sad. And there's been too much of it lately!!

I was thinking the same thing. We are getting ready to leave on our 1st cruise and I'm staying away from the balcony, I'll tell you that!! I'm starting to get a little nervous. There have been so many lately that I've read about. Do people go on a cruise to kill themselves? Do they get that drunk?:eek:

I was just telling my co-worker that same thing...you would have to be climbing on top of the balcony railing to fall over....just to sad and happening much to often lately.

Linda

I'm a short 5' 3" and I easily rested my arms on our balcony railing on the Star. While I realize I'm short, :) it was plenty high and I felt very safe! Of course I don't have a clue what it's like to be tall! I haven't grown since I was 13. ;) haha

I'm a short 5' 3" and I easily rested my arms on our balcony railing on the Star. While I realize I'm short, :) it was plenty high and I felt very safe! Of course I don't have a clue what it's like to be tall! I haven't grown since I was 13. ;) haha

Tough for a normal person to "fall" unless they are sitting or climbing on the rail or a standing on a chair.

2058726681_JewelTABAJAY.jpg.4654677f67d4577f6fb98bea770cccff.jpg

Tough for a normal person to "fall" unless they are sitting or climbing on the rail or a standing on a chair.

Shoreguy - I love all the pictures you have at your disposal! :) I was quite impressed the other day when you posted the photo of the in-progress theater on the Pearl.

Where do you get it all? I love it! :D

Please, I hope I don't affend anyone, by taking a moment of silence for all passengers sailing now and for the future. I pray that all are safe and have a wonderful time with memories to last a life time. Sorry. I am a newbie, and a little scared about cruising, especially now with all the missing passengers. I will not be booking a balc., did not want one before all this. Please all be safe;)

it's a shame that when some people travel they do crazy things.

some of it is 'cause of the the booze, some just bad personal choices.

don't be afraid of cruising, it's as safe as you make it. (like any travel, especially to foreign countries...)

main things: don't drink until you are stupid

it's still one of the safest ways to travel, just think over 1,500 passenagers to per ship x how many ships? you are going to have at least 1 person who is either very depressed or just out of control.

These are not children climbing up and falling over.

Yea, Ive noticed that, wouldnt common sense tell you that younger children would be the ones that are more likley to climb and play when there parents arent looking? Maybe this is safer than we all think and requires a good amount of effort to get over the railing.

Linda

Our daughter just got off the Century today: they had a missing perosn on their cruise, along with a couple of deaths and several evacuations and the last couple of days norus virus. Her words about the cruise: weird!!!!!!

Our daughter just got off the Century today: they had a missing perosn on their cruise, along with a couple of deaths and several evacuations and the last couple of days norus virus. Her words about the cruise: weird!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhh what the heck happened there....thats freaky

Archived