Water Levels-Amsterdam to Antwerp

Michael J

Mike,

I haven´t heard anything recently. There´s at least no high water. We didn´t have much rain during the last 6 weeks or so. So the levels should be more on the low water side. But there weren´t any news about the levels being too low for navigation. The only thing I recently heard was that a barge ran aground on the Danube river and drifted sideways blocking the river. But they were able to get it off within a couple of hours.

You should be fine! Have a great cruise! And pack warm stuff. We had the first snow on Nov 1st. You´re gonna need a scarf and gloves!

steamboats

Steamboats: Thanks for the info. Have sweaters,gloves, hat and scarvesready to pack.:) We live in Philadelphia and are used to cold winters so I don't think the weather will be a problem for us. As long as we don't get a lot of rain we will be happy.

Thanks again, Mike

Mike,

I haven´t heard anything recently. There´s at least no high water. We didn´t have much rain during the last 6 weeks or so. So the levels should be more on the low water side. But there weren´t any news about the levels being too low for navigation. The only thing I recently heard was that a barge ran aground on the Danube river and drifted sideways blocking the river. But they were able to get it off within a couple of hours.

You should be fine! Have a great cruise! And pack warm stuff. We had the first snow on Nov 1st. You´re gonna need a scarf and gloves!

steamboats

Per the curise manager on the Viking Spirit 10/27 the Viking Pride was not able to return to Budapest because of low water levels and those passanger were being bused to Budapest and put up in a hotel. The previous week we hit bottom several times on the Danube in Hungary and Slovakia.

We had no trouble once we left Nuemberg and on the Rhine to Amsterdam.

Mike,

steamboats

Per the cruise manager on the Viking Spirit 10/27 the Viking Pride was not able to return to Budapest because of low water levels and those passanger were being bused to Budapest and put up in a hotel. The previous week we hit bottom several times on the Danube in Hungary and Slovakia.

We had no trouble once we left Nuremberg and on the Rhine to Amsterdam.

Archived