Zuiderdam VF cabins for four

seaisme

Taking Sis's family on their first cruise next Spring. Have booked Sis, husband and 2 teenage sons in a VF cabin. Would like to hear from others who had four in this type cabin. Worried that it will be so awful that it will ruin their cruise. I know they will be cramped and walking over each other and the beds...but we really can't afford to get them a suite. I've been in a "V" cabin with three women, and know it can be cramped...but we still were able to manage...and if three women can share one bathroom...welll!!!

Thoughts?

i will be honest with you, my inlaws had a VF on the sister ship westerdam and it was quite small.

I say, anythning, even a broom closet is good as long as you are on the ship :D , but it will be cramped, perhaps they can arrange a schedule for showers, etc.

Did you check about getting a inside across the hall from the vf. I have been surprised how inexpensive 2 cabins are compared to a suite. The balcony will make it a little better as it can be used a second room when people are changing. We have done it, they just have to schedule the bathroom.

Did you check about getting a inside across the hall from the vf. I have been surprised how inexpensive 2 cabins are compared to a suite. The balcony will make it a little better as it can be used a second room when people are changing. We have done it, they just have to schedule the bathroom.

a Tampa Bay fan!!! we just moved from Florida to Virginia. (sorry, we are Steeler fans through and through...even when they are having a bad year!).

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to call HAL and see what the price difference would be. I have booked directly with HAL for almost all of our cruises and have found their agents to be wonderful...and the rates are great.

Another concern is where are they going to put all their clothes? My husband and I can just fit our wardrobe in there and we are not big clothes horses. I would opt for 2 inside if money is a factor or inside and oceanview. For us the space and privacy are a factor. Regarding HAL direct, I have gotten much better prices with an online booking agency than through HAL.

in an inside room once. when i was 13 my parents took me and my best friend on a cruise - i think it was song of america - but the 4 of stayed in an inside room. it was crowded, but it was fine. When my parents were getting dressed, we left and vise versa. So you will be fine in a balcony room. My daughter and I always stay in balcony rooms - and we always have tons of left over closet space. And like someone said, people can sit on the balcony while others are getting dressed. I think it would be better than 2 inside rooms. I just LOVE the balcony!!

There were 3 of us on the return leg of a 34 day transatlantic on the Rotterdam in an A cabin. The A's on the R class ships are about 40 sq ft larger than on the Vistas. We were a little cramped when my adult son who joined the ship in Amsterdam moved in but it was more of a clutter problem and not really a major issue. If it's a 7 day cruise they could probably live with it. Anything longer in a VF on a Vista would probably have clutter and privacy issues. The cabin is long and narrow. It's hard to get in and out the veranada door with the vanity chair and coffee table in the way. When the sofa bed is open it would be worse. Hey alot of people do this and make it work. I just think they would have to be pretty flexible in temperment.

GN

My DH and two DD were in a VD cabin in August. The girls are 12 and 9. I felt very crowded at times in the cabin, especially when the bunk over the bed was pulled out. The first couple of nights they both slept on the single pull out (they are both quite small despite their ages) and it was okay. The last few nights my younger DD insisted on the "over the main bed bunk" that comes out of the ceiling. They girls slept better, but I, being a bit claustrophobic, didn't. My DH and I both bumped our heads many times on the bunk as it is situated perpendicular above the head of the bed.

I'd look into two rooms next cruise. My eldest will soon be a teenager and I suspect privacy will become an issue at some point. Just my 2 cents, but a bit crowded IMO.

Archived