Pacific Princess in Australia question...help please!

S&D

Hi everyone,

We are cruising on the Pacific Princess in Feb while she is here in Australia.

We realise that she is under the P&O banner for a few months while she is in our waters, and will use Aussie $$ etc while here...:)

Our question is...will the food and wine choices be different to the usual Princess menus etc, and do we have P&O staff or Princess staff onboard?

Just wondering, as we have only cruised overseas with princess so far...:)

Many thanks to you - for any replies.

Sincerely

S&D

41272307.gif.e35a8ec68985e3047473f8a33c0c5607.gif

Our question is...will the food and wine choices be different to the usual Princess menus etc, and do we have P&O staff or Princess staff onboard?

I have cruised on Pacific Princess under both P&O and Princess.The crew and staff remain the same except for the Entertainment section.I was very impressed with them as they were the same ones putting on the shows at night and running the activities throughout the day.They were very hard working ,energetic, and lots of fun.As you say they convert to Au dollars,and the menus are basically the same as Princess .They will also stock up with local beers wines etc.The main difference I have found is that they do not recognise any of the Princess "Captain Circle" benifits even though they call it a Princess cruise, however things are always changing .

It is a wonderful ship to cruise on .

Hi Cool Cruiser

the menu is a modified Princess one, they change some dishes to suit the australian taste. Also they have less main course menu choices than on Princess. At least the wine is cheaper than on Princess.

Seadog

That is correct about the lack of Princess Captain's Circle benefits while the ship is "working" for P&O (Aus).

Sun Princess has an itinerary I was interested in, Mar-09, while she is "on loan" to P&O (Aus), and I was told that my Princess Elite status benefits (free internet and free laundry I was interested in) would not apply. Still trying to decide whether or not to book it - the Circumnavigation of Australia, 28 nights from Sydney.

OOPS - guess it was KiwiKruiser who mentioned the Captain's Circle. Sorry about the confusion.

Still trying to decide whether or not to book it - the Circumnavigation of Australia, 28 nights from Sydney.

I can tell you Michael, if I had the money to do that one I would definately book it. I would LOVE to do that cruise. What a great way to see this great country.

Karen

Yes as mentioned basically the only thing that changes with sailing under P&O is the cruise director and the party nights. Princess don't usually do the dress up nights - PJ party and island night and all the others they can sometimes have on P&O. The cruise director on our last cruise on Pacific Princess was an Australian and the entertainers were nearly all Australians as well. The only food we didn't find on the nightly menu that we had on the Sapphire were the prawn coctails. The wine menu was basically the same. We loved her so much we booked while we were aboard for this year. The only bad thing is we don't get credit towards Princess Loyalty program. Mummsie:D

Thank you all so much for those kind replies, we look forward to cruising on this great ship...

Druke, how are you both, still cruising the world?? Hope to cruise with you one day!

We are booked on the Sun Princess for the 31 day Syd/San Francisco in 2008. We managed to book early in about May of this year.:)

Mummsie, we had Island Night, 70's night, Country and Western night, Rock n Roll night, on all the other Princess ships..the Diamond, Star and Sapphire..we love those nights, and always take something to wear for the occasion!

We are keen dancers, and hope to find a nice floor on the Pacific to practise on..:) :) ..love your logo on your CC name!!

kind regards

S&D

41272307.gif.39149208a3ff328421a13214c604c71f.gif

Hi S&D. There is a great dance floor on the PP. As you can tell we are ballroom dancers - that photo is actually my son and his dancing partner :D We basically had the floor to ourselves most nights and the band was great. Once they know what sort of music you want, they just keep playing til you drop. They even played a tango one night and we actually remembered some basic steps that are not in our routine :D Mummsie

And hello back to you.

Yes, we are still at it. Next out is Oceania's Nautica (sister ship to Pacific Princess), Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez, 11-25-06, 25 nights.

Still thinking about that Circumnavigation of Australia on Sun Princess, 3-9-08.

Best to you and yours.

S&D - Quickstep is a little dangerous on the small dancefloors but the others will be fine. We usually do a slow rhythm (basically a slow quickstep) to foxtrots rather than foxtrot as its more compact and if its a bumpy ride you have a better chance of staying upright. There is a fairly busy Cruise Critic site with lots of dancers participating - gives you lots of info about dancing on different ships and cruiselines :D http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133289&page=2&pp=25

Mummsie

Archived