Hampton Inn - Plantation, FL

love2cruiseseattle

We stayed here last week and paid $98, we thought this hotel was great for the price. They have an airport shuttle that we phoned once we got our luggage, we waited about 15 minutes. They also will take you to the pier in the morning, just make sure to sign up at check in. We arrived at about 12:30 and had asked for early check in and they were able to get us a room at that time. There is a mall about a 2 minute walk across the street and a grocery store around the corner. Complinentary breakfast in the morning. The staff is so nice and friendly, we needed an umbrella and one of the staff gave us hers, just wonderful service.

We would stay there again.

We asked if the shuttle would take us to the Sawgrass Mall and we were told "no". According to their website it is about 3 miles away probably best to catch a taxi, we decided not to go, too tired from the long night of flying (we caught the red eye).

We walked over to the Broward Mall across the street, there are lots of shops and a small food court, we just ate there and then later on at night around 11 pm we called and ordered a pizza. There are other restaurants close by, but not sure if you can walk, I would check with the hotel, there service is very good and they will make suggestions.

The pool is at the back of the hotel, we did not go test the waters, but it looked like a nice little area. There were others enjoying themselves.

We have booked the same hotel for 3 days next month, pre-cruise. Do you know if the hotel shuttle would take you to Sawgrass Mall? Are there lots of restaurants within walking distance? Was the pool heated?

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago - great hotel, great service at the front desk. They had freshly baked cookies at the counter and group of 6 just checking in took the lot. The desk clerk went out of her way to make sure we had some of the next batch of cookies fresh out of the oven. Great continental breakfast next morning in a relaxed atmosphere. There is also a small business centre off the lobby with 3 computer stations.

We had a rental car, so didn't need the shuttle. Broward Mall across the street has a food court and there is another plaza mall 2 blocks away with several restaurants - Olive Garden was one, and we ate at Smokey Bones.

There is also a Walmart Superstore within walking distance.

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago - great hotel, great service at the front desk. They had freshly baked cookies at the counter and group of 6 just checking in took the lot. The desk clerk went out of her way to make sure we had some of the next batch of cookies fresh out of the oven. Great continental breakfast next morning in a relaxed atmosphere. There is also a small business centre off the lobby with 3 computer stations.

We had a rental car, so didn't need the shuttle. Broward Mall across the street has a food court and there is another plaza mall 2 blocks away with several restaurants - Olive Garden was one, and we ate at Smokey Bones.

There is also a Walmart Superstore within walking distance.

Just remembered - it's a Target Superstore nearby - not a Walmart. Sorry if I mislead you!

Thanks for the correction! We have Walmart in Canada so Target is much more fun!

Do you think there is enough to do in the area for 2 days? Can you compare this hotel to the Sleep Inn closer to the port?

Did anyone have the Hampton Inn shuttle pick them up after the cruise? We are supposed to stay there one day post-cruise as well, and just wondering how reliable their shuttle service really is!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...question about this hotel. I remember reading it or seeing it somewhere, but what times do the shuttles start up and what time do they stop for the day. We'll be flying from the west coast and might get in a little late. I thought I recalled seeing 8am-11pm (or 10pm??), but would like some confirmation. Thanks in advance!!!!

Eric

Funny what you learn about your own home town reading these boards. :) I can't for the life of me think of what grocery store is right there unless it is Albertsons but I believe that is a bit of a walk. I did want to mention that Contour Day Spa is right there, if you are planning pedicures or massages for the cruise you might get them a little cheaper there. Nails and pedicures are higher than normal nail places but it is a nice place. Barnes and Noble is right across from the mall also, great place to spend a few hours.

Since you are so familiar with the area, would you think it would be a safe walk back from the bookstore around 9 pm?

Also, is it correct to think that it will take us about 25 minutes to get to the port around 11 am on a Sunday morning?

Thanks!

would you think it would be a safe walk back from the bookstore around 9 pm?

Also, is it correct to think that it will take us about 25 minutes to get to the port around 11 am on a Sunday morning?

Thanks!

The area around your hotel and the shops that are nearby are in a safe area. It shouldn't take you more then 15 minutes to get to the port from your hotel. Ten minutes if you make all the traffic lights. :p

The area around your hotel and the shops that are nearby are in a safe area. It shouldn't take you more then 15 minutes to get to the port from your hotel. Ten minutes if you make all the traffic lights. :p

Yeah, 15 minutes tops except getting through port security and that you never can tell. One time we were through in 5 minutes and last fall (Oct 05) we sat for 45 minutes!

Yeah, 15 minutes tops except getting through port security and that you never can tell. One time we were through in 5 minutes and last fall (Oct 05) we sat for 45 minutes!

The 15 minutes is to the port, not the terminal. Regardles whether your coming from FLL or from Plantation security has issues now and then, you just gotta deal with it. ;)

Archived