3* Hotwire hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area ??

crusingforfun

We've reserved Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale but I've read so many negative reviews.

Any idea what 3* hotel I might get through Hotwire in Ft. Lauderdale area?

12/16 - 12/17 $95:

Our 3-star hotel suppliers include:

Doubletree, Radisson, Holiday Inn, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

Thanks,

Ella

We've reserved Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale but I've read so many negative reviews.

Any idea what 3* hotel I might get through Hotwire in Ft. Lauderdale area?

12/16 - 12/17 $95:

Our 3-star hotel suppliers include:

Doubletree, Radisson, Holiday Inn, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

Thanks,

Ella

Not sure what that hotel might be but I do know that the 4 star Las Olas/Downtown/Port Everglades is the Renaissance on 17th St. Booked this myself for March. It is $134 for 12/16 - 12/17. Not knowing what you want to pay but this is a very good price.

mollyanne:)

I saw this offer when I looked at hotwire for 12/24. I really want a hotel on or near the beach for a post-cruise stay. There are so many bad hotels on the beach though that it makes me wary to book through hotwire or priceline. I am currently booked at bahia mar which looks good from the website but the reviews don't sound so great. Any good hotels on the beach that arn't too expensive (<$150 per night). One with a hot tub would be a real bonus.

I saw this offer when I looked at hotwire for 12/24. I really want a hotel on or near the beach for a post-cruise stay. There are so many bad hotels on the beach though that it makes me wary to book through hotwire or priceline. I am currently booked at bahia mar which looks good from the website but the reviews don't sound so great. Any good hotels on the beach that arn't too expensive (<$150 per night). One with a hot tub would be a real bonus.

From my research for our 12/29 stay, the Bahia Mar seems to be on the low end of the "beach" hotels, and depending on which builiding you're in you may have a walk to the beach.

3 star "beach zone" hotels are the Bahia Mar, Yankee Clipper, Yankee Trader, and Hyatt Pier 66, but based on what I've seen from Bequia'a (very helpful) posts, the Pier 66 is not on the beach.

Problem with this time of the year is that many of the highest level hotels (Pelican Beach, Lago Mar, etc) require a 4 night minimum stay. The Sheraton Harbor Beach does not - expect to pay about $450 a night for that property. Also, after Christmas, they are getting ready for the Orange Bowl in Ft Lauderdale. The Diplomat will host one of the tow participating teams and their entourage. Nor sure where the other will stay - last year it was the Sheraton Bal Harbour.

I've got the Bahia Mar reserved, but am going to give priceline a whirl. Considering the reviews on the Bahia Mar, I don't think I have much to lose.

I bid on Priceline and got 4* Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for $100 for November 25th. Have read mostly good reviews, and our friend Bequia says it is a great place to stay. :)

We stayed @ Hyatt Regency Pier 66 last December and December '04. Both time got it through priceline. Not a bad hotel and recently went through some renovation. However, you won't stay @ highrise building but in 2 story building(s) in the back which is more like 3* not a 4* property.

We have the same problem. I would love to hear a recent review on the AmeriSuites in Ft Lauderdale, close to causway. We have it booked for Dec but and stayed there last Feb. It was fine in Feb, but we have seen some mixed reviews since then. If anyone here has stayed there recently, please post and let us know what you thought.

I just booked the holiday Inn located at 999 Ft. Lauderdale blvd. It is across the street from the beach. I have seen everyone talking about the Holiday Inn Express located on SE 17th street. Does anyone know anything about the one I booked? I hope it is ok we got a great price for the night before our cruise. Any info would be great!

However, you won't stay @ highrise building but in 2 story building(s) in the back which is more like 3* not a 4* property.

Did you stay in the remodeled rooms in the "2 story" part of the hotel? We stayed in the "Lania" rooms at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Feb of 06, and they were very nice, close to the pool, and I thought they were 4*. This was at a price of $105 per night, more than 50% off their regular rate, through Priceline.

3 star "beach zone" hotels are the Bahia Mar, Yankee Clipper, Yankee Trader, and Hyatt Pier 66, but based on what I've seen from Bequia'a (very helpful) posts, the Pier 66 is not on the beach.

You may also get the Oceanfront and Doubletree Suites Galleria, although they do not come up very often. The Hyatt is a 4* property, and is not on the beach. It's on the Inter Coastal Waterway.

Got 3* Bahia Mar Beach Resort through Priceline for $80+tax for pre-cruise stay 12/16 - 12/17/06. I think it's a much better property than Amerisuites.

We won't get free transfers and breakfast but we're renting a car @ FLL airport and last year we had breakfast at some cute French cafe on 17th Street that was not more than $5 p/p.

• 2 weeks later...

For all your hotel needs, price checks/comparisons etc.. I highly recommend www.biddingfortravel.com This is where you go to do your homework. After that is done, then go to priceline and utilize your newly acquired skills ;) I booked the Shearton Yankee Trader right on the beach for $140 per night during spring break (march 07) The going price if you were to book direct is $339. So its definately worth taking the time to do your homework.

embassy suites is also a good choice near port everglades.. if you want to stay close to the beach, for priceline put in downtown fort lauderdale

....if you want to stay near the beach, for priceline put in "Ft Lauderdale Beach Area"...if you put in downtown ft lauderdale as suggested above you won't be anywhere near the beach. :rolleyes:

//////

Archived