NCL Latitudes Cocktail Party

cruzinwieds

Does NCL have a cocktail party for Latitudes members. If so, does anyone know what night on the Jewel Eastern Caribbean it is?

Not sure what day on the Jewel eastern. There wil be a letter in your cabin with the details. One thing for sure it will not be at night but one of the sea day afternoons.

Shoreguy,

We sail on the Dawn this Sunday. Will they have a Latitudes cocktail party, too? Can you tell us what it is like - I would guess they serve us drinks (for free, I hope??). Do they serve any type of finger foods??

Is this something that's worth attending?

Thanks.

Shoreguy,

We sail on the Dawn this Sunday. Will they have a Latitudes cocktail party, too? Can you tell us what it is like - I would guess they serve us drinks (for free, I hope??). Do they serve any type of finger foods??

Is this something that's worth attending?

Thanks.

Defiantly worth attending - free drinks , finger food, and they draw for door prizes - free diners, champagne, spa discounts, etc.

In my opinion, NCL has the best repeat customer parties. They usually have prizes from each department (free meal for two at alternative restaurant, bottles of champagne, pedicure/manicure from spa, jewelry, t-shirts, ...one time a lovely piece of art was given away). They usually occur on days-at-sea...if around 11:00am, they serve mimosas, bloody mary's, and rum mix drinks. If they are in the afternoon, they serve champagne, wine, rum mix drinks, etc. Finger foods are always available. Depending on the ship, if you sit at the bar, you can order bottom shelf drinks, beer, wine. Not sure if they still do that. Have fun and good luck at the drawing!

Coka

Hi we are doing 18 night South America cruise from BA to Santiago leaving Nov. 29. We just got married and I am former passenger and my new wife is not. Will she get to go to Party with me or not? On an 18 night cruise will they have more than one party? Thanks in advance for your help

Hi we are doing 18 night South America cruise from BA to Santiago leaving Nov. 29. We just got married and I am former passenger and my new wife is not. Will she get to go to Party with me or not? On an 18 night cruise will they have more than one party? Thanks in advance for your help

Yes, your new wife (congratulations:) ) can attend the party with you.

The amount of Latitudes parties depends on how many Latitudes passengers are on board.

Our past few cruises had more than one party.

Your letter will state the date of your party.

Have a wonderful cruise.

If they do the Latitudes party on the Dawn on the first "at sea" day, that is going to be some day! In addition to the cocktail party, they also are supposed to have a martini clinic, a margarita clinic, and a wine tasting. Boy, I'd like to go to all of these events, but I'll have to pace myself. The Latitudes party sounds like a good way to meet fellow cruisers - I like that idea. And you can't go wrong with free drinks & finger foods!!

Thanks for the heads up on this - I never knew about it.

We're sailing on the Dawn (11 days) on Dec. 17th. Our Latitudes party begins at 10:30AM on the 18th. Members are to bring a small gift - $5.00 - that represents something from their home area to exchange.

We're sailing on the Dawn (11 days) on Dec. 17th. Our Latitudes party begins at 10:30AM on the 18th. Members are to bring a small gift - $5.00 - that represents something from their home area to exchange.

This sounds more like a Cruise Critic gathering and not a Latitudes Party.

I've never heard of NCL having members bring a gift, unless this is something different they do for the holidays. How were you informed of the gift giving requirement?:confused:

This sounds more like a Cruise Critic gathering and not a Latitudes Party.

I've never heard of NCL having members bring a gift, unless this is something different they do for the holidays. How were you informed of the gift giving requirement?:confused:

I'm sure you're right: this is a Cruise Critic meet-and-greet, not a Latitudes party. The latter are announced by a letter in your stateroom when you board, and there has never been a gift exchange.

On the Dawn in May, the Latitudes party had several waiters coming around with finger foods and assorted drinks. We requested beer, and they would return quickly each time. These waiters passed by us several times during the course of the party with the band playing dance music, the officers of the ship being introduced, and then door prizes being given out (mostly small stuff).

On the Star in October, the waiters only came around once before the announcements were made.

Oh, to be back in the days when they always gave away a free cruise at the Latitudes party.

It is still a fun time and a chance to meet some of the crew.

The "gift" idea is from one the CC members on our cruise for the "Latitudes Party." I think that it's a great idea and will just add something special to the gathering - after all, it is a Christmas cruise.

The "gift" idea is from one the CC members on our cruise for the "Latitudes Party." I think that it's a great idea and will just add something special to the gathering - after all, it is a Christmas cruise.

Good idea, but what happens when the 9 out of 10 Latitude members who's never heard of CC shows up without the present? We at CC represent a small minority in both cruisers and Latitude members.

Archived