Motor Transfers From Tampa Airport

skyzoo5

I purchased the CC motor transfer from Tampa AP to the embarkation terminal for the Miracle (19 Nov) and wanted to know if anyone else (past/present) had any experience with the bus transfer? Reason I ask I read one post where a guy had to sit on the bus for two hours until the bus filled up. Thanks for any insight.

Tim

There is a wait all of times with the transfers, not just in Tampa. They have alot of people coming in and they know their schedules. It is a cost thing. They aren't going to make the run for just a few people when they can wait awhile and take four times the amount.

The pier isn't that far away. We always take our own cab now in any city where the port is close...of course I live in Tampa area..so that is the one port where I don't have to worry. It is usaully cheaper unless you are a single cruiser.

Maybe if you post your cruise and date you can find other people to share a cab with.

absolutely agree with everyone! I also live here in the Tampa area and the distance is so minimal, I would definitely just take a cab and be done with it!! Have fun!!

Thank each of you very much for your help. I will take the advice provided and just catch a cab. My family and I (Wife and Daughter) will be going on the 19 -26 Nov 06 Miracle cruise. Thanks again.

Respectfully,

Tim

I will be heading out of Tampa on the Miracle on 12/3. My sister, niece and I are flying in together and had planned on taking the shuttle but now I think we might do the cab instead. I have never been to the Tampa airport. Do they always have cabs available when you get there?

I will be heading out of Tampa on the Miracle on 12/3. My sister, niece and I are flying in together and had planned on taking the shuttle but now I think we might do the cab instead. I have never been to the Tampa airport. Do they always have cabs available when you get there?

Absolutely!! I live here in the area and have always moved about TIA more efficiently than many other airports in the country! Just step outside the doors and cabs are ALWAYS there waiting to take you wherever you need to go!

Have a great cruise!! :)

Is the cab price per person or total....there will be 4 of us.

Thanks

Kim

The cab price is total not per person. While 4 people cab fit in a cab, 4 people's luggage may or may not fit in a cab's trunk. If your party travels "heavy" be prepared to take two cabs.

The cab price is total not per person. While 4 people cab fit in a cab, 4 people's luggage may or may not fit in a cab's trunk. If your party travels "heavy" be prepared to take two cabs.

I agree with this. Our group of four, and luggage will not fit into a regular cab. BUT, there are quite a few minivan taxis in Tampa. Just wait for one of those.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Will those minivan cabs also be outside the port for transfer back to the airport? We are a group of 8 (probably wouldn't even all fit in the minivan!), and I am considering spending the night after the cruise at a family members residence in St. Pete, but I have to figure out how to get to the airport to get a rental car. Any thoughts? Could most of the group remain behind at the port while just 1 or 2 people grabbed a cab to the airport for the rental?

On my trip from the pier to the airport a couple weeks ago, there were a couple groups that were on there to get to the car rental place. I was on BayShuttle. When I got off the ship, their vans were right there. The cost is $9.00 pp. Very easy. Yes, and as a solo traveler it was cheaper than a taxi for me.

-----more info

When you arrive at the airport (baggage level....I was in BLUE), as you face the out-of -doors go to the left and outside where you will find a circular drive and a small booth with BayShuttle. Person inside can set up a van for you or give you very good info. I have used them the last 2 years and would do it again!

Good Luck!!

Will those minivan cabs also be outside the port for transfer back to the airport?

Yes, they will be at the port. I believe that only five passengers are allowed in any one cab.

Could most of the group remain behind at the port while just 1 or 2 people grabbed a cab to the airport for the rental?

Yes, this is also possible. But, I have a question. When you get back to the port, won't you still have the same problem? (One vehicle, eight people, and their luggage)

Yes, they will be at the port. I believe that only five passengers are allowed in any one cab.

Yes, this is also possible. But, I have a question. When you get back to the port, won't you still have the same problem? (One vehicle, eight people, and their luggage)

KreinKruser-Not if I rent a 12 Passenger!:D

Not if I rent a 12 Passenger!:D

That wouldn't be big enough for our group of eight.:D With all our luggage, we would need a 15 passenger, and a car topper.:D

If only a couple of people go to pick up the van, you won't need to make sure you get a mini-van, a regular cab will do.

Archived