Just because of you - gift baskets (MERGED)

dodygirl

Hello there... I have heard about the Just because of you gift basket deal to have wine delivered to your room before you sail away... has anyone used this service and how reliable is it ? Do you think it would be more beneficial to use the service or take bottles of wine on in your luggage ? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you - Dianne :o)

Hello there... I have heard about the Just because of you gift basket deal to have wine delivered to your room before you sail away... has anyone used this service and how reliable is it ? Do you think it would be more beneficial to use the service or take bottles of wine on in your luggage ? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you - Dianne :o)

its probably better to use some sort of service. Ive heard of Just bcause of you and Wellwishers. I cant get in touch with Just Because of you...the number seems to not be valid...but Wellwishers is supposed to be great..and they answer their phone. Anyone think one is better than the other?

for our cruise on Saturday! Shelley is very kind and easy to work with, the number I used a couple weeks ago is 800-882-9707. We ordered some Champagne, Beer and a gormet basket. Cost was roughly $100 for all. She said she was not allowed to deliver hard liquor to our port. :(

I will let you know how it worked out when we return next week.

Oh please do report back when you return.. that would be very nice of you... I hope you have a wonderful time.

We are sailing on the November 26 FOS cruise and I wanted to get a basket for my parents room to thank them for taking us. Thought it would be a nice gesture and they were going to buy a wine package anyway.. this would save them from doing that and give them a good selection to choose to drink.

Can someone help me on this...I know all about the alcohol end of it, but what about flowers, and fruit and any type of chocolates? I mean I'm driving to my port so can I bring any of these items for myself or are there restrictions?

Hi Rsscaptain, Just Because of You will deliver flowers also, they have an extensive selection of gourmet items also. I had ordered a Champ basket and all sorts of cheeses, crackers and other gourmet munchies were included YUMMY! Give her a call and ask Shelley for a price list and she will be more than Happy to Email it to you. They will try to get you what you would like, this is why I only use Just Because of You. Not to mention the wonderful personal touches they add to the baskets. I spoke with her this morning and the number is working fine....1 800 882-9707.

All major ports have restrictions and regluation Shelley can also fill you in on that information. She has been a wonderful help to myself and others that I have recommended them to.

for our cruise on Saturday! Shelley is very kind and easy to work with, the number I used a couple weeks ago is 800-882-9707. We ordered some Champagne, Beer and a gormet basket. Cost was roughly $100 for all. She said she was not allowed to deliver hard liquor to our port. :(

I will let you know how it worked out when we return next week.

By any chance do you still have the price list for Just Because. They email me but forgot to include the price list. And they are now close for the day. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to let everyone know that they no longer take NEW alcohol orders, but for those who have already placed orders, you can be sure to expect it at your cabin. Apparently one person was pretty rude, and ruined it for the rest of us. I placed an order 3 weeks ago, and they told me that they only need a week or two in advance to get a package ready, but i ordered it early just to be safe...and it paid off...now my order is safe, wheras if i waited til 2 weeks before my sailing, i would have been outta luck.

Apparently one person was pretty rude, and ruined it for the rest of us.

Were they pouring themselves drinks on the pool deck or something? Sheesh, some people will never learn. What a shame.

I get all my booze from the bartenders on the ship, personally, but it's a shame that someone had to go and spoil a great service for those who DO use them. :)

T

I don't think it had anything to do with someone being rude. When this topic was posted over and over and over again on the Carnival board they discontinued the service. Some of us saw this coming since a new thread on this and smuggling is started practically every day. :eek:

It was only a matter of time that RCI would follow Carnival ;)

###

I don't think it had anything to do with someone being rude. When this topic was posted over and over and over again on the Carnival board they discontinued the service. Some of us saw this coming since a new thread on this and smuggling is started practically every day. :eek:

It was only a matter of time that RCI would follow Carnival ;)

###

well someone from Just Because of You told me that someone ruined it for everyone..

Wait a sec- so this is for real? What happened?

We just got a price list last week, and were planning on calling for our trip in Jan. TOMORROW TO PAY!!

that is very unfair- we are sailing out of FLL.. does this mean we are definitely out of luck getting any alcohol gifts delivered to our cabin?

Wait a sec- so this is for real? What happened?

We just got a price list last week, and were planning on calling for our trip in Jan. TOMORROW TO PAY!!

that is very unfair- we are sailing out of FLL.. does this mean we are definitely out of luck getting any alcohol gifts delivered to our cabin?

Sorry but you are out of luck with alcohol. Shelley will continue with the beer and wine baskets but as far as the hard stuff thats out. I called today also and was told the same thing it was because of a rude customer, not RCCL.

I spoke with Shelley today to check on my order for this weekend. The change had to do with a customer and a mistake. He made threats so for the time being Shelley has said that they will not being do hard liquor orders. She told me that after things have calmed down that they may go back to taking them after the first of the year. This does not have anything to do with RCI. Shelley and her staff have been great to deal with. Very friendly and helpful.

Having bought wine and flowers from Shelley in the past I've got her on my list to place an order about 6 weeks before my next cruise. Extremely nice to deal with and very helpful. My wife loved the flowers as well! (lots and lots of brownie points :D )

As far as the hard stuff goes, guess its too bad that someone has ruined it for others.

well someone from Just Because of You told me that someone ruined it for everyone..

We just ordered a bunch of alcohol yesterday with Shelley of Just Because of You and there was no problems with ordering.

I am not sure what you were told but, we ordered for Navigator leaving Miami in a week and a half.;)

Bob:)

We just ordered a bunch of alcohol yesterday with Shelley of Just Because of You and there was no problems with ordering.

I am not sure what you were told but, we ordered for Navigator leaving Miami in a week and a half.;)

Bob:)

i spoke directly with shelley...they must have stopped doing it yesterday after you called or today...but its definitely not allowed anymore..im just glad i decided to order my stuff early!

I would like to add how helpful Shelley has been to me. She was able to locate a particular brandy that my DH favors and at a really good price as well! I will report in after our cruise (we leave next Monday) and give a full report, but to date... the experience has been very positive. It does sound like she is swamped, however, so I understand her frustration if a customer decided to be too rude to deal with!

A~

Archived