Port Canaveral question

Abneo

I am new to the boards and have a silly question. My wife and I will be taking our first cruise on Feb. 25th, 2007. We are both very excited, however I am a little worried about one thing. I one of those people who will go nuts without my beloved Mt.Dew. Now I know I am allowed to carry on soda with me on the ship however my dilemma is where to get the soda. We are flying from Des Moines to Orlando (We booked Air fare through Carnival) From there we will be taking the Carnival shuttle to Port Canaveral. Can someone tell me where in Port Canaveral I can run and get some cans/bottles to take on board with me. I am guessing I will either have to walk or grab a taxi (I am hoping there is time before I have to board) Or does anyone know of a place in the Orlando Airport that sells bottles/cans of pepsi products? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Abneo

Hi, there is a Publix Grocery Store in Cocoa Beach on A1A.

You can take a cab there, have him wait while you pick up

your soda and then go back to the ship.

Could you not buy a multi pack from your local supplier and pack it in your carry-on? It would make it heavy, but at least you'd know that you had it with you.

Liquids are no longer allowed in carry-on luggage on planes (unless you purchase them beyond the security checkpoint).

The taxi idea is probably the best, but when you get off the plane and before you get on the tram/train/shuttle from tha Airside to the Terminal, do check the large newstand/gift shop to see if they have Dew as that would save the more expensive taxi ride later. If there is no Dew there and if you have a time gap before the Carnival shuttle takes you all out to PCN, you could take a taxi from the Orlando airport and tell the driver to take you to the nearest 7-Eleven. There are a couple of them less than 2 miles west along TOLL 528 (Beachline Expy), from the airport's North exit road. There are other convenience stores north of the airport along SR 436. You could probably get to a convenience store and back within 15-20 minutes. BobK/Orlando

I agree with checking in the airport. If that does not work and you cannot find any at the port, hop in a cab and tell them to take you to the Racetrack gas station right outside the port. You wont see it from the shuttle buss because it is 1/8 of a mile past the port entrance.

• 2 months later...

Archived