Glad I enquired about an upgrade

Hi All, I just had to tell someone about how we saved some $$$ on our next cruise.

We had made a booking when P&O had a 35% off sale and was happy with the price, however after reading a post on here about what people would do different next time. Someone said that they would never have an inside cabin again. Having had an outside cabin on my last cruise I probally took for granted how much time i spent looking out my window, and how relaxing and enjoyable it was. So this got me thinking that I wanted a window again. I went to my TA and got them to phone P&O to get a price difference and see if I could upgrade to a window cabin. Imagine my delight when P&O said that a new "special" was current and they would quote on the new specail price. To my suprise and delight i was going up one deck and saving $200 P/P. :D

Conratulations! Nothing like saving money and getting value for it!

We have booked an inside cabin but on the hightest deck, closer to get outside for the veiws. We booked this simply because it was cheaper to be on the inside on the highest deck than have a window on lower decks. We figure if we are having 28 days at sea, we won't want to be in the cabin much!! I have stayed on the inside on the lowest deck and has been a great cruise, it's all what you make ti, have fun!!

Cheryl

WTG Stewart... I was giving advice to a girl I work with about cruising and one of the thing I stressed with her was to shop around and then approach a travel agent. It's amazing how much they can actually do for you if you just ask!!!

We approached P&O direct to get all the details about our group cruise and then negotiated with a travel agent to ensure we got the best deal.

It reminds me of those old yellow pages ads where the woman keeps ringing places and gets more and more knowledgable each time until they can't con her anymore!

My advice know what is available and on offer and then negotiate with your travel agent if you would prefer to deal with someone local or just use the net based agents or P&O direct.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Archived