Things to do in Ft Lauderdale??

Katastic88

I am getting to FTL the afternoon before my ship leaves, then I won't leave till the evening my ship gets back, so I will have a lot of time there and was wondering if there is anything to do? I know the airport is very near the dock, but is there anything else around there? My ship gets in at, like, 8am and my flight doesn't leave for home till 8pm!

the couple we are traveling with have the same concerns; not so much prior to sailing as they are flying a red eye and will just want to sleep the day before, plus when we arrive we will all just want to catch up on what is going on, but they disembark early and have a 7:30pm flight. Normally the cruise line offers a tour for those who have late flights. It works well, they will keep your luggage on the bus and you will have an opportunity to tour the city or whatever. I would look into this if I were you.

Nita

I would take a cab to Las Olas Boulevard to do some shopping (window or otherwise) and grab a bite to eat. There are all sorts of restaurants. You can also take a cab to the Galleria Mall on Sunrise Boulevard. There is the Discovery Museum to poke around in if you like. There are water taxi stands behind some of the restaurants and cruising up and down the intracoastal is also a fun thing to do.

Have fun!

Stacey

What Stacy said. But I would rent a car for the day at the port so you don't have to worry about your bags and drop the car off at the airport. Book the car BEFORE you go( online) it's usually cheaper.

There are a lot of things to do in Ft. Lauderdale...Los Olas is the hub of Ft. Lauderdale..very upscale and lovely..My friends own a gallery on Los Olas called Native Visions Call of Africa...Check it out..Also you should def. check out river walk..Very nice and quite a lot to do..Water taxi's are a lot of fun and inexpensive...Hope you have a great trip:)

Los Olas Blv area is nice to walk around and even just walking along the beach and getting a bite to eat at either spot is nice. I felt very safe walking around both and the water taxi is fun.

I was able to get a hotel to keep my bags for a tip..I think $10.

The beach usually has chairs for rent and there are tons of places for food.

If you are needing to sleep maybe a hotel will do a day pass?

Archived