Decorating the ship for Christmas

DougandEric

I was reading another thread and someone mentioned that the ship might be decorated. It occured to me that they meant Christmas. We're on the Ryndam 11/24 - 12/8. Will the ship be or get decorated while we're onboard? That would be kind of cool! We were in Hawaii late November and they were all decked out already in Honolulu. Watching them decorate a ship *MIGHT* get me in the Christmas spirit!

Doug

Hey Doug, HAL has a long tradition of decorating their ships for the holidays. They go out of their way, There will be christmas trees in and outside the main dining room as well in other places around the ship, garlands around the atrium and upper dining room, small wreaths on each cabin door, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" painted on the hull to name a few.

As far as the timing when all this is going up, it really varies. Definitely not before Thanksgiving. Usually during the first two weeks of December. On your cruise they will either have the stuff loaded, packed and stocked when you depart Tampa and will probably put it up some time after Thanksgiving and/or they will load it up when you get back to Tampa on DEC 8. Let's hope for the first scenario - Have a great cruise!

I was reading another thread and someone mentioned that the ship might be decorated. It occured to me that they meant Christmas. We're on the Ryndam 11/24 - 12/8. Will the ship be or get decorated while we're onboard? Doug

Probably not. A few years ago we took a cruise which ended on Dec. 12, and as we disembarked the ship, we noticed them hauling some Christmas trees onboard. There were no Christmas decorations whatsoever on our cruise.

But, who knows? As we all know from reading these boards, what happened before doesn't necessarily happen now. The only consistency is inconsistency.

The Christmas week and New years week cruises are some of the most sought after for the very reason you quoted above, it just gets you in the holiday spirit. They go all out with the decorations and the treats!!

If your considering going over this time frame I'd suggest booking ASAP as they fill up fast. Many families will book a year in advance!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

we are sailing on the Z on dec. 9th and i am hoping there will be some decorations up (since we cannot afford a christmas/NYE cruise) :p

out of all the threads i searched, the info is hit and miss... some say they had decorations at the begining of dec. others said not til a week before christmas.

Archived