hotels near port in nola

Check out the Holiday Inn French Quarter or one of the Comfort Inns in the downtown area. I was just looking at some prices for maybe a weekend getaway.They should be able to find something for well below $100.00. I assume they want to see Bourbon Street or be close to the action before they leave. hope they have a good time.

Prices for hotels in New Orleans and especially the French Quarter will vary greatly according to what is going on in town at that time.

It is worth every penny to stay in the French Quarter. Will cost a little more, but worth it.

MexicoBob

I would not recommend the Holiday Inn Express on Carondolet Street. We made reservations for our pre cruise stay and our post cruise stay. We were quoted $99 per night. When we checked in, they tried to charge us $149 per night. Fortunately, I had taken a copy of our on-line reservations with the price given as $99. They reluctantly gave us the lower price.

When we checked in after the cruise, they again tried to charge us the higher rate. Again I showed them the papers and they gave us the lower rate. Then they gave us an interior room with a view of the hallway. I've never seen an inside room with a window that goes out into the hallway before. I'd never stay there again.

The only thing I can say good about that hotel is that it was two blocks away from the French Quarter.

Archived