Getting from Miami airport to cruise port.

amberbailey

We are flying into Miami at 6:45 a.m. the morning of our cruise, The Valor leaving out of Miami. I have a few questions that hopefully someone who's done this before can answer. :)

First of all, what's the best way to get from the airport to the cruise port? There are five of us, three teenagers my husband and I. Just grab a taxi at the airport? and how far is it to the port?

Second, any ideas on what to do between the time we leave the airport until we can board the ship? We're planning on trying to be at the port by 10:30 or 11:00, thought we'd maybe go for breakfast somewhere, grab a couple bottles of wine if we can find a store to take on the cruise. Can we check our bags early at the port and then is there anywhere to walk around and sightsee down there? I'm just looking for some suggestions to kill some time! Thanks for any help you can give me!

I always worry about flying in the day of and I want to get to the port as soon as possible. If everything goes well hopefully you can collect your baggage and be curbside miami airport by 7:45. Ok so by the time you have loaded it is 8 am With no traffic and a straight shot to the pier 25-45+ minutes.

We travel with 8-10 people and a ton of luggage so we have to find a van taxi with a luggage trailer. For a smaller party I would explane to the driver that you needed to go to the port but you wish to stop along the way at a....Pharmacy for someting forgotten or wal-mart or a Liquor store...and a FAST FOOD JOINT on the way.

I would offer him 15.00 per person plus 1 dollar per bag to the port and then offer them a tip of and additional 10.00 per stop. and promise not stay longer than 30 minutes at anyone stop.

Ok so now it is gonna be like 9:30, 10 am. Egg mc something in your stomach..and I head to the port..drop your bags and GET ON THE SHIP :) Now you are on vacation!

Just my thought...

i like that idea!

funny, last year, we stayed in coconut grove. got a cab to a PUBLIX grocery store down by the JW marriott...in the Brickell area.

FLA groceries sell beer & wine. the cabbie said he would be back in 30 minutes.

28 minutes later, 1 grocery store and a pharmacy done, i got back in daniel's cab.

he didn't turn on the meter on the way back. i think it was 12 bucks going. gave him a $20 on the return. he asked if i wanted a ride to the pier the next day at say 11?

Yes please. ok, so it was 11:05. (i had the hotel call and check on him). he said he was all the way in SoBe and made it in 10 minutes.

Let's see....the trip to the ship took 10 minutes (ok so it was an E-Ticket ride HAHA!). Daniel got a LARGE tip./..i think i gave him 25 bucks for the fare and tip.

did i pay him too much? probably but honestly he would have driven me all over creation!

a great cabbie, like a great TA is priceless. i thought it was money well spent!

We have 6 adults and I arranged for Super Shuttle to pick us up at Holiday Inn Miami airport the morning of the cruise and the charge is 55.00 plus what we will tip, to go from the hotel to the Port of Miami. We could take cabs but we'd need maybe 3 with our luggage, so this was the best way for us to go..

Archived