Juneeau Question for Budget Queen

agabbymama

I know I read here somewhere about a bus in Juneau out to Mendenhall Glacier for $6 pp. I did a search and only came up with a city tour bus for $22 pp and that isn't it. I know I'm not dreaming, it had directions where to catch the bus and everything. Can you help? Thanks. Forgive the misspelling of Juneau, but the time I saw it, it wouldn't let me edit it.

Yes, there is a bus to Medenhall for $6pp each way. (Or at least that was the rate this year.) Mighty Great Trips is the main company that runs the blue glacier express buses every 30 min. to Mendenhall and back. You just buy the tickets from one of their booths at the dock.

We took the $22 city/glacier tour also with Mighty Great Trips which allowed 45 min. and Mendenhall. We were also able to stop by a salmon stream, Chapel by the Lake, and drove past other sights in Juneau. (It was pouring down rain so that might have affected our tour slightly.)

It's funny, I did not go on a second trip to Alaska this year in August, but have gone in that timeframe for about the last 10 years. NEVER did I ever encounter any significant rain, maybe a day or two, but overall great weather.

Archived