Clueless, headed for the Caribbean!

wa.mama

What is the warmest item of clothing you would bring for a caribbean cruise in November? It's pretty wet and cold in Seattle and I have the greatest urge to pack sweaters and long pants. On the other hand, (ahem!) I do have some unpredictable internal warming going on, and don't want to overdress in a humid climate. I usually layer, but what should the heaviest layer be?

Thanks in advance!

Bring lots of warm/hot weather clothes; swim suits, shorts and capri's, tank tops and cami's, sundresses. Then add in a couple of long pants and a light jacket or sweater for cool nights or overly air-condtioned rooms. I always bring a dressy sweater or shawl for the dining room, whatever light jacket I wear on the plane (I'm from Nebr.) and maybe another light sweater for late night walks on the deck.

Unless you hit an outstandingly abnormal weather pattern it will be warm to hot in the Caribbean in November.

I always check the weather predictions of where I am travelling to before we head out. Not that they are completely accurate, but I like getting a general range.

www.weather.com .....check it the day before you leave, they have a 10 day forecast. I know it's hard to imagine when you are wet and cold that you will be warm in a couple of days. But, if you don't take the right clothes, you will either be miserable or out lots of cash buying the right clothes.

Normally, what you would pack for the Caribbean is what you wear on the hottest summer days. But even the Caribbean can experience some cooler weather than that.

Your internal temp is probably a little different than mine. I am cold when it hits 60 degrees!! So, I am almost always a but chilly up on the decks in the evenings with the breezes or in really chill AC'd rooms. You probably do not have the same level.

So I would advise a sweater for those times maybe and pants perhaps for dinner evenings, definitely not during the days!! Hey it's still in the 80's here and we're only in FL!! So you can imagine what it's like further south!! Have fun!!

Your internal temp is probably a little different than mine. I am cold when it hits 60 degrees!! So, I am almost always a but chilly up on the decks in the evenings with the breezes or in really chill AC'd rooms. You probably do not have the same level.

So I would advise a sweater for those times maybe and pants perhaps for dinner evenings, definitely not during the days!! Hey it's still in the 80's here and we're only in FL!! So you can imagine what it's like further south!! Have fun!!

I live in Las Vegas so when people say hot I think 100 degrees - I don't even go inot a pool unless it is 90 degrees outside. For my cruise in January am taking capris, a couple tanks and some t shirts also my jeans. And to keep warm even in sometimes frigid dining area a warm wrap that will still look nice.

I live in FL and I get cold easily. Still, the islands are warm in winter and I pack accordingly.

I pack slacks/skirts and dresses for dinner, and bring a cardigan/wrap or two. For days, bathing suits, sundresses, skirts, tanks and sandals.

I do not pack jeans but will throw in a sweatshirt for early mornings and late nights on the balcony and decks.

Being from FL as well, I am in the same boat. I think of the caribbean as being home type weather. I am leaving in a couple weeks and have packed shorts, tees, and bathing suits for daytime; and capris/pants, shirts/dresses, and tank/light sweater sets for dinner. I take a very light jacket just incase, but this and the light sweaters are the heaviest of clothing that goes in my suitcase. Enjoy your cruise!!! :)

What is the warmest item of clothing you would bring for a caribbean cruise in November? It's pretty wet and cold in Seattle and I have the greatest urge to pack sweaters and long pants. On the other hand, (ahem!) I do have some unpredictable internal warming going on, and don't want to overdress in a humid climate. I usually layer, but what should the heaviest layer be?

Thanks in advance!

I am also from wa state (the other side. Eastern wa) We will be going to the Caribbean Dec 2nd. I have been trying to wrap my head around warm in Dec. :eek: Too much to do. Therefore I will pack all the summer garb..plus rain gear, sweater, jeans, and a sweat outfit. Must have something to return to the snow with! :confused: I am leaving the kitchen sink at home (they have them on board). IF it just happens to snow in the Caribbean I will be the only appropriately prepared person there :D Remember global warming?

Trudy

Hi Wa.Mama, I'm in Seattle too. Listening to the rain come down right now actually! Ah well, we'll just keep our heartbreakingly perfect summers a secret for a little while longer.

In my opinion, there is no climate on earth for which a cotton twinset won't come in handy. My favorites are from Land's End (you probably already know they have a website and provide very good customer service). I have them in numerous colors and love them for travel. You can wear just the short-sleeved top when it's warm, and put on the cardigan when the AC is blasting.

Have a wonderful trip!

Archived