Princess spa and excursion reservations online?

newbie2468

Princess site is up and running. My question is: I am 118 days out from sailing.. shouldn't I be able to reserve shore excursions? Do I have to call Princess? What about Lotus Spa reservations.. can they be reserved online? Also, even though I know this isn't the "excursion" thread.. I have looked at all the ports of call and read extensively... I am leery on my first time to book independently... any good suggestions for the best way to get the most of the following stops: (St. Lucia,St. Thomas,St. Martin,Antigua) from the ship? Thanks... I have posted on the port threads and they all give me independent tours.. not my first time:eek:

Thanks again !

On our first cruise we felt much the same way you do...a little leary of venturing out on your own. Confidence with independent tours will come..on your next cruise! We sailed with Celebrity (with all the same ports except Antigua) but I'm sure the shore excursions are similiar.

St Martin-easily toured on foot after taking the water taxi. We did not take any ship excursions and it was our fav port! Shopping is great (I liked it better than St Thomas) and there is beach right there that you can relax on before heading back to the ship. Lots of land taxis are available if you want an island tour to the French side or Orient Beach. Others may be able to help you with those areas if you are interested.

St Lucia-we did a ship excursion..

We loved the Land and Sea tour. Got to see all the island highlights, had a great lunch followed by catamaran sail past the Pitons and into Marigot Bay (absolutely gorgeous...wish we could have stopped there!) Also had a swim stop at an OK but not great beach. Refreshing all the same after the land tour. It is a long tour but we found it great! Would recommend it in a heart beat! The island is truly beautiful and worth seeing. This was our fav excursion!

St Thomas-we did the Tram by ourselves (gorgeous view), a little browsing/shopping and then the ship's excursion to Megan's Bay in afternoon. This time we are going to St John's Trunk Bay to snorkel.

If you are undecided, check out others photos (via links or on sites like webshots etc) or videos. Have you seen SeaTeacher's video? It is AMAZING! Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=437445 Caribbean Cruise Part III, IV cover your ports but all of it is worth the watch!

Good luck with your choices.

Oh Canada--- can you view YOUR spa reservations NOW?? I am 95 days away and still cant see them.

Princess told me 45 days before the cruise for spa reservations.

Excursions came available at 99 days

Oh Canada--- can you view YOUR spa reservations NOW?? I am 95 days away and still cant see them.

Princess told me 45 days before the cruise for spa reservations.

Excursions came available at 99 days

Yes, ours became available last last night. I noticed that the Feb 3, 07 cruise had theirs come available last Monday. Sure enough, a week later, ours became available for the Feb 10 cruise.

Hi Tory:

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess. I booked two spa sessions and covered seating (tent) On Princess Cays as soon as available through Princess.

Message in our cabin 1st day at sea stated spa sessions I booked were only available on port days and to call to reschedule. Why would I want to do that - we were going ashore. I did book a facial, but had to cancel. They were very rude once they new I was cancelling.

I am not fond of Lotus Spa as they are too expensive and push you to purchase pricey items. Once you say no, the charm leaves.

The tent and lounge chairs I booked for Princess Cays were confirmed by our TA. Fortunately I checked onboard to find out no such booking existed, though I had confirmation. We got the reservation, but don't recommend as there are plenty of chairs and shade.

I suggest to confirm anything you have booked prior to sailing once on the ship.

Yes, ours became available last last night. I noticed that the Feb 3, 07 cruise had theirs come available last Monday. Sure enough, a week later, ours became available for the Feb 10 cruise.

Since I am sailing a week after you I will check again next Monday/ thanks

I suggest to confirm anything you have booked prior to sailing once on the ship.

I am uncertain as to how reservations on Princess Cays work (for the cabanas and such), but everytime we have pre-booked excursions, our excursion tickets for the entire cruise have been either in our cabin when we first board the ship, or delivered under the door that first evening. If some expected tickets fail to show, then you would know there was an issue without having to go down to the excursions desk and wait in line just to confirm.

Hi Tory:

Message in our cabin 1st day at sea stated spa sessions I booked were only available on port days and to call to reschedule. Why would I want to do that - we were going ashore. I did book a facial, but had to cancel. They were very rude once they new I was cancelling.

I am not fond of Lotus Spa as they are too expensive and push you to purchase pricey items. Once you say no, the charm leaves.

I totally agree...my DH & I booked the Ultimate Couples Massage....total waste of $242.00, the girls used their elbows more than their hands and we both felt bruised for the next couple of days, they kept insisting that we needed to buy their products, guess how much they wanted??? Try $653.00...what a joke!! Too late, I had already booked the Iothermie(sp?) wrap, another joke and total ripoff. More products pushed...guess how much?? Another $480.00...when I again said I was not interested....the temperature dropped dramatically...never again. Oh and as for the salon....I thought I'd treat myself to a shampoo and style for my birthday before dinner....I wanted my hair flat ironed....what a crappy job I got...when I returned to my cabin I had to take out my iron and re-do the job...and...they charged me $50.00. Thank goodness the rest of the cruise was great.

Archived