Grand Princess from Galveston - can we make a 1:00 flight out of IAH?

librarygal

We are considering taking a cruise on the Grand Princess out of Galveston in February. If we fly on Continental non stop to Washington we have the choice of a flight back at 1:00 or 4:00. We have never cruised Princess and are unfamiliar with the port at Galveston.

If we book the 1:00 flight will they let us get off the ship in time to make our flight? We could wheel our suitcases off if that makes a difference.

We don't want to miss the flight but we also don't want to spend six hours in the airport!

Thanks

Princess offers early disembarkation if you are willing to carry your own luggage. I believe it starts at 7:00am, that would give you plenty of time to get to Bush (IAH) for a 1:00pm flight. I know they let passengers with flights off first, but why wait?

I forgot to mention, Princess uses a color coded disembarkation system depending on your deck level. You can call Princess and ask them when passengers with flights can disembark. Exiting out of the Port of Galveston is easy and it is not far to the freeway. Once on I45N, it may take 80-90 min. to get to IAH, depending on the traffic.

Have a nice cruise.

Archived