CC parties on HAL

cruzjunkie22

I'm just off the Princess Crown last month and was pretty disappointed with the party the was given by Princess for a fairly large group of CC'ers. We had about 50+ people show up and all Princess did was provide the privacy of a club for 1 hour and little bottles of dry trail mix. From what other CC'ers were saying, other cruise lines really go all out if you have 20+ people, like have the Cap't or someone show up as a Thank you and mingle a bit. Some even mentioned a limited open bar for a hour so.

My question is: What are the experiences of CC parties on HAL?

Thanks!

I just organized a CC get together for our Noordam cruise. They will provide Coffee, Tea, Water, and Cookies. I had requested the Crow's Nest for the first day at sea mid afternoon (not to interfere with Mariners events) and extended an invite to the Hotel Manager and Captain. The responce said that a contingency of ship's officers will attend pending ships operations. We are a group of 75. There can be a "bar" if you pay for it. By holding the Meet n Greet in the Crow's Nest from 2PM to 3PM, the Crow's Nest is normally open anyway so people can have a cocktail if they wish.

We recently had 2 gatherings on the Rotterdam with anywhere from 15 - 30 people in attendance. One of the members from the Roll Call thread contacted Seattle to make the arrangements for the group. They gave us a section of the Crow's Nest and had the signs up indicating "Private Party", which we thought was nice. HAL had hot appetizers for us in addition to the coffee and tea, as well as access to the Crow's Nest bar. We didn't have any of the ship's officers in attendance, but that didn't make the gatherings any less enjoyable.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Just off the Volendam today. Our Cruise Critic party was held in the Piano Bar with James Deering in attendance as well as the CD. There were about 30 of us. Cocktails were served!

Don't know if this was because of Drdaddy's "pull" in arranging the party, or because of Mr. Deering -- however, Thank You! :D

Just off the Volendam today. Our Cruise Critic party was held in the Piano Bar with James Deering in attendance as well as the CD. There were about 30 of us. Cocktails were served!

Don't know if this was because of Drdaddy's "pull" in arranging the party, or because of Mr. Deering -- however, Thank You! :D

Welcome home. :)

PLEASE write a review. My Volendam "countdown" is clicking-away! ;)

Sounds like there can be a difference in types of parties..

But to me,, any party is a good party!:)

We were on a 9 day cruise and had an Unofficial M&G right after the muster and did the official M&G the next day. 1 thing I wish we had thought of before sailing was to have a "farewell" party on the last sea day, to kind review what ya did, what ya liked, etc....

Thanks for the info!

Archived