Complimentary (??) Wine

yoleven

:confused: We are booked on the 19 Nov sailing of Maasdam out of Norfolk. Booked online and received 4 complimentary bottles of wine. I realize it won't be their finest stock (a selection of 12 varieties) but my tastes don't run toward the exotic anyway. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this promotion and if so how it works? Will I have to pay a corking fee in the dining room? If so this is not such a great deal.

I received 2 bottles on the Westerdam from my TA. A Cabernet Merlot and a Chardonnay, which I had in the Pinnacle, and the DR. I did check with the Front Desk and was told I did not have to pay any corkage fee, I assumed it was because they were a gift.

Be sure to pack a corkscrew if you want to enjoy any of them in your cabin.

Bev

We recently did B2Bs on the Westerdam and had 4 bottles of "house" wine and a Pinnacle dinner as a promo on each. Wines were in cabin upon arrival. They are wines for which HAL will charge you $19 each but will trade in against another wine at $10. However, you could change a white for a red or visa versa in you chose to do so at equal value.

The wines were just - what we call cabin wines. We do like to have better wines with dinner.

And the previous poster is correct. If you take the promo wines to dinner, you should not be charged a corkage fee. I'll bet your steward could provide a corkscrew should you forget to pack one. On the Noordam in May, there was actually one in the cabin (non suite). I'd imagine those disappear pretty quickly.

Cheers!

I received 2 bottles on the Westerdam from my TA. A Cabernet Merlot and a Chardonnay, which I had in the Pinnacle, and the DR. I did check with the Front Desk and was told I did not have to pay any corkage fee, I assumed it was because they were a gift.

Bev

You weren't charged the corkage fee because the wines were purchased from HAL. Doesn't matter if they were bought by your TA or if you bought them yourself in the dining room. HAL already has been paid for the wine; corkage fees are only for what you bring on and drink in the dining room, wine for which HAL has not received any payment other than the corkage fee they will charge.

Archived