Timing dinner to make 7:30 show

coasterwiggs

We are on the Jewel in February 2007. I assume the show starts at 7:30 and we would need to arrive early to get a seat. What is the latest we should begin dinner to make the early show? Thanks.

Shows are normally at 7:30 and repeated at 9:30.

In my opinion.......Dining time depends upon how many courses you order, I usually figure an average of 1.5 hours. If you go to the restaurants right when they open there aren't many people and you get seated immediately.

I agree with Margaret. We usually eat around 5:30 when we can, which leaves time for a leisurely meal and a few minutes after to hit the cabin and then get a seat in the theatre.

Also, if you are tight on time, your waiter will usually try to help get you out faster to make the show when necessary.

In my opinion.......Dining time depends upon how many courses you order, I usually figure an average of 1.5 hours. .

If time gets tight, we've been know to skip desert and come back for that after the show.

-Monte

Shows on the Jewel's recent trans-Atlantic were at 7:45 and 9:45. We had no trouble starting dinner in a main dining room at 6 and making the show. Early in the cruise, when we were in ports nearly every day, we went to the early show and dined afterwards, as shoreguy suggested.

We are on the Jewel in February 2007. I assume the show starts at 7:30 and we would need to arrive early to get a seat. What is the latest we should begin dinner to make the early show? Thanks.

We enjoy a long, leisurely dinner...sea days, we eat early(5:30-6) and enjoy the night life:)

I agree with Shoreguy....go to the early show....have a cocktail there...then wander into dinner after the show and enjoy a leisurely meal. After dinner you are then free to enjoy everything else going on. No rush involved.

The best time is to be at the door of the restaurant at 5:50 p.m. Most people meetup at the Restaurant at 6pm, prime time for dinner. If you arrive just 10 minutes earlier, you will beat the crowd so to speak. Sometimes people will say, "We are waiting for more, go ahead." It almost feels like you are a celib, but I love moving to the head of the line.

On the Jewel last week the main shows were at 7:30 and 9:30 -- also, there was no show the first night. Our service was quite sporadic -- some nights we were in and out in an hour, other nights it was between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours, so I'd recommend eating early if you want to eat before the first show.

Also, I think only one of the main dining rooms was open at 5:30 -- the other one didn't open until 6.

Archived