Concierge club/service?

We do not have a bad attitude. I resent being told we did.

RCI sent a letter that states to wear the pins at all times. This way the crew is ready to give you respect due to you. That is a bad attitude? No, it just gives a great feeling and all the new friends we got during the sailing.

Are you telling us here that if you are not wearing a D/D+ pin you will be treated without respect? I have no idea how many cruises you have done on RCI..........but each and every passenger is given the same respect no matter who they are and that's how it should be. If wearing your pin makes you feel good and important, then by all means wear it with pride, but that doesn't mean that I am going to get treated any differently because I am not wearing mine!!

We have been Diamond for a few years now and never received any pins and, frankly, it doesn't matter whether I have a pin or not. We have always been treated very well on our cruises no matter what our status.

Different priorities for different folks, I guess.

To clarify the services available in the CL.....here is what was printed on our letter from our last cruise this past September/October onboard Radiance.

Continental Breakfast served in the CL daily from 7:30-9:30am on Deck 10.

Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup every evening before and after dinner from 5:30-8:30pm, Holiday Odyssey Deck 13.

The CL is accessible on a 24-hour basis with the special key in your packet.

There is NO LUNCH served in the CL....so I wish that someone would stop posting that there is lunch served.

I totally agree. I never understand people who are so proud of their D status. It's not an acccomplishment. It's not a personal achievement. It just means you've been on a few cruises. I personally just don't believe in wearing pins or otherwise calling attention to the fact that I am D+.

Is MACOP a Diamond/D+ member. Having read some of her posts, I got the impression that she was not a D/D+

Thanks for all of the replies. (even if some were not about the Concerige Lounge) :D I learned a lot!

However about the Diamond getting "special" treatment. Why not? They have shown their loyalty to RCCI and should be rewarded and respected because of it. (JMO)

I'm not saying that Gold members or Newbies should not be respected..however..just like airlines giving frequent fliers awards and "special" treatment...it just shows their appreciation for the loyalty.

For those that are not Diamond yet...if you keep cruising and stay long enough with RCCI (10 cruises) you would appreciate the appreciation as well. I'm sure you wouldn't turn it down. ;)

Anyway..thanks again for all of the replies. :)

Are you telling us here that if you are not wearing a D/D+ pin you will be treated without respect? I have no idea how many cruises you have done on RCI..........but each and every passenger is given the same respect no matter who they are and that's how it should be. If wearing your pin makes you feel good and important, then by all means wear it with pride, but that doesn't mean that I am going to get treated any differently because I am not wearing mine!!

very well put

We are Diamond members and never received "the pin"....I must say I can't imagine that I would wear it anyway. I have never been treated badly and I would hate to think because we are fortunate enough to have sailed quite a few times we would be treated different than any other passenger.

Thanks for all of the replies. (even if some were not about the Concerige Lounge) :D I learned a lot!

However about the Diamond getting "special" treatment. Why not? They have shown their loyalty to RCCI and should be rewarded and respected because of it. (JMO)

I'm not saying that Gold members or Newbies should not be respected..however..just like airlines giving frequent fliers awards and "special" treatment...it just shows their appreciation for the loyalty.

For those that are not Diamond yet...if you keep cruising and stay long enough with RCCI (10 cruises) you would appreciate the appreciation as well. I'm sure you wouldn't turn it down. ;)

Actually, that's one of the things that I like best about cruising.

"EVERYONE" feels special. The workers on RC absolutely have a way of making this a great experience for EVERYONE.

Example: On the Sovereign last December, whenever I was using the stairs, there was usually some hard-working RC grunt polishing the brass handrail. And WITHOUT FAIL I was greeted with a smile, and a question/comment, such as Are you having a great cruise? Have fun, wherever you are going! Good morning, have a great day.

Real eye contact, sincere words.

This was my first time on the Sovereign. Not one of those workers knew that I was on the first half of a back-to-back. They were just as friendly and thoughtful on the second half, but it wasn't a change, because they'd been so nice already. Not one of them knew that I had just made diamond. No one knew that I'd be back in just three weeks............but when I was, they FELL all over themselves with excitement to see me again.

I LOVE IT.

Is MACOP a Diamond/D+ member. Having read some of her posts, I got the impression that she was not a D/D+

She was with us on our members cruise to the Baltics last spring on the Jewel, and to the best of my knowledge, she is Diamond, as she was not in a suite, yet had access to the CL and was on the freebe trip in Oslo for D/D+.

Rick

Brenda is a "Celebrity Diamond," as she has crossover status from being Elite on Celebrity, at least that's what I recall from her prior posts.

RCI no longer sends out anything but a letter saying, "welcome to Diamond." DH likes to wear his D pin (that Rick got for us) on formal night, and perhaps I'll have the two pins made into cufflinks when we achieve D plus. I don't have anything to wear mine on, and now I want one of Patti's C&A pendants, anyway!:D

As for "the respect you are due," in the letter from RCI, on our very first cruise we were treated with the respect and service that ANY passenger onboard is due. Although having rose petals strewn at my feet and somebody to fan me after a vigorous dance would be nice...:)

And apropos of nothing, about 6 years ago somebody broke into our mailbox and absconded with my RCI C&A Society card that had just been issued to me. A neighbor found the empty envelope. I called RCI to report the loss of my card in case it was encoded with something important (it wasn't), and the rep told me a replacement card would arrive shortly. It arrived last month. And another one arrived this week.:rolleyes: Just thought I would share.

What was this thread about?????

We just got home from the 12 night repo on Jewel of the Seas. Interestingly enough, there WAS food in the concierge lounge at about 1 p.m. on sea days. There was no beverage service at that time, but of course the coffee machine is always available. I did not find this out until the last two days. It wasn't exactly lunch, but it was a variety of cold hors d'oeuvres and fruit.

I have a feeling that it depends on the ship and the concierge.

Example: On the Sovereign last December, whenever I was using the stairs, there was usually some hard-working RC grunt polishing the brass handrail. .

Interesting that you suggest all pax should receive equal respect, but you call an RCCL employee a "grunt".

Special treatment (as in perks and priority boarding and what not), absolutely; rewards (ditto), absolutely. But the "respect" issue, no.

First, this implies that D/D+ members deserve more respect than other pax. I must strongly disagree. All pax deserve equal respect. Second, this implies that D/D+ have done something special, something worthy. Taking cruises is great, but it doesn't make anyone a hero. Spending money cruising with a specific lines doesn't make one person "better" and more deserving than another. I do not believe that anyone doesn't want D/D+ members to have perks; I do believe that it is insulting to expect that they are due more respect. That is the only word (and attitude) I take issue with.

beachchick

nice sandwiches resembling sliced hoagies, fruit bowl, veggies with dip and some nice deserts to. All set up by Oscar from Chops. Now Freedom very little offered on 14.

To clarify the services available in the CL.....here is what was printed on our letter from our last cruise this past September/October onboard Radiance.

Continental Breakfast served in the CL daily from 7:30-9:30am on Deck 10.

Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup every evening before and after dinner from 5:30-8:30pm, Holiday Odyssey Deck 13.

The CL is accessible on a 24-hour basis with the special key in your packet.

There is NO LUNCH served in the CL....so I wish that someone would stop posting that there is lunch served.

I actually thought is was a joke at first...no one would really think that way.

Look at the heartache and suffering around the world and then look at the people who open their hearts attempt to make a difference. Those people deserve respect.

We should all be grateful that we are able to enjoy a fabulous vacation - we shouldn't expect special treatment because we've been blessed to take many.

nice sandwiches resembling sliced hoagies, fruit bowl, veggies with dip and some nice deserts to. All set up by Oscar from Chops. Now Freedom very little offered on 14.

That must have been something special. We sailed on Jewel before you guys, did the same itinerary and had the same Concierge and we never, never had lunch in the CL. Seeing that you were on a C&A Member's cruise could also explain it.............but usually there is NO lunch. On all other RCI ships that we have sailed on.............NO lunch in the CL. You said it yourself.............on Freedom very little offered on 14............leads me to believe, even with it being a C&A cruise that again NO Lunch is served.

BTW......when you were on Jewel......did they serve LUNCH every day in the CL?

makes us Diamond on RCCL with 3 cruises with them.

Any other questions?

Yes.

I didn't realise that Celebrity Elite makes you RCCL Diamond. I thought that it just gave you the privileges of Diamond. What does your seapass say? Diamond or Platinum?

We are Diamond members of RCCI we have Elite benefits with Celebrity. However..we are NOT given Elite credit sailings.

I think probably RCCI honors Elite with Diamond status as well..but..not give Diamond credit. Does that make sense? :confused:

You are correct..........you have to earn credits on RCI to become a certain level.

I actually thought is was a joke at first...no one would really think that way.

Look at the heartache and suffering around the world and then look at the people who open their hearts attempt to make a difference. Those people deserve respect.

We should all be grateful that we are able to enjoy a fabulous vacation - we shouldn't expect special treatment because we've been blessed to take many.

Bravo...........you've said it all!!

I have to say that I had a very bad reaction to reading this.

If this is the attitude of such members, no wonder that other people on the Freedom members cruise complained about the snotty me-me-me attitude of Diamonds and Diamond Plus.

Fortunately, I don't think that this is the attitude of MOST of the Ds and D+s that I have met on CC. :) :) :)

I have to agree with you on that one. When we received ours my DH just had to put it on (for about 10 minutes) then the novelty wore off.

I guess for some people it's just really important to think they are important.

Yes.

I didn't realise that Celebrity Elite makes you RCCL Diamond. I thought that it just gave you the privileges of Diamond. What does your seapass say? Diamond or Platinum?

jb, you are also correct...........Celebrity Elites just enjoy the benefits of being Diamond on RCI just as Diamonds would enjoy the benefits of Elite on Celebrity.

Archived