Concierge club/service?

We do not have a bad attitude. I resent being told we did.

RCI sent a letter that states to wear the pins at all times. This way the crew is ready to give you respect due to you. That is a bad attitude? No, it just gives a great feeling and all the new friends we got during the sailing.

Sure we got some very special items, Gatwick airport rep saw us at the luggage carousel & greeted us by name, the only Diamond due in that hour. You had to go find Celebrity's rep when we did a Gatwick arrival for Constellation. In Miami with the incredible long line we saw getting out of the cab, the porter greeted us & told us where Diamond members enter the ship. How come no others were with us other than a UK couple & son who also had pins on. The pins are the answer, I am positive. The Diamond & Plus pins were everywhere in Pharoahs Palace. Looked great!

I love gold & diamonds, so I'd wear it even not on a cruise as it is a very nice stud for a scarf.

Everyone is due respect not just you because you're diamond. That is a pompous statement. You really arn't any more "special" than anyone else on the ship.

We are Elite with Celebrity and receive all Diamond priveliges. We are listed as Diamond with 10 cruise credits on RCI,pins are in the cabin along with coupon books and concierge room key,and it says Diamond on our sea pass card. Just thought I would tell you our experience. Have cruised 3 times on RCI since this was started. we do enjoy the perks and the CL but certainly don't feel any different than we ever did when cruising.

San, I was using it in the Navy sense. :)

My point was that EVERY worker, not just those who can reasonably expect tips from you such as cabin steward and waiters, is friendly and helpful and interested in enhancing your cruise experience.

OK, MM:)

I don't think that you all have beaten Macop into submission yet......I think we need about 250 more posts on "respect" before that happens:D Hee Hee.

I have never worn my Diamond or Diamond Plus pins while aboard, but I think I may try it for a few days on our next cruise to see if any of the staff notices.

San, if the pin doesn't work, see how much respect you get using the "crystal" ship!:p

I already tried that, but it gave me a crick in my neck and hurt my chest when I ran to the CL before the people with less respect got in there:D

Sure we got some very special items, Gatwick airport rep saw us at the luggage carousel & greeted us by name, the only Diamond due in that hour. You had to go find Celebrity's rep when we did a Gatwick arrival for Constellation. In Miami with the incredible long line we saw getting out of the cab, the porter greeted us & told us where Diamond members enter the ship. How come no others were with us other than a UK couple & son who also had pins on. The pins are the answer, I am positive. The Diamond & Plus pins were everywhere in Pharoahs Palace. Looked great!

If you had done your own air and had flown in a day or two before your trip, there would have been no RCI rep to meet you. It is your responsibility to get to the hotel on your own, even if you were staying at an RCI hotel.

Because you chose to fly into Gatwick the day of the sailing, even if you did your own air, of course there was someone there to meet you. It's RCI responsibility to get you to the ship on time. Your flight details (both arriving and returning) were given to RCI before you even left home. The reason you flew into Gatwick is because you were able to get a direct flight. Most others fly into Heathrow, where they also would have been met by an RCI rep if they were arriving on the day of sailing.

We have always been greeted at any airport by an RCI rep when we arrive on the day of sailing because our names are on their flight manifest. We are greeted with a warm smile, did you have a nice flight.........and we don't even have anything that indicates that we are Diamond+!!

We have only had one opportunity to wear ours--as there was a mix up on the previous cruise. In October we wore our Diamond Pins when we arrived at the Pier and also the rest of that day. Our reason for this was that it would allow the staff to recognize the Diamond Status (at the pier they directed us quickly to a senior staff member to check us in--with no line. As for the rest of that day--it was a conversation starter--with other staff members and cruisers. Didn't have any reason or desire to wear it again that cruise.

Brenda is a "Celebrity Diamond," as she has crossover status from being Elite on Celebrity, at least that's what I recall from her prior posts.

So she's fake Diamond? Like Cubic Zirconia (sp)? :D

That actually explains a lot.

That must have been something special. We sailed on Jewel before you guys, did the same itinerary and had the same Concierge and we never, never had lunch in the CL. Seeing that you were on a C&A Member's cruise could also explain it.............but usually there is NO lunch. On all other RCI ships that we have sailed on.............NO lunch in the CL.

I agree. I've never seen lunch in the CL. I definitely think it's the rare exception to the rule.

Those are not really "diamonds" in those pins. I don't even think they are cubic zirconium (sp)........it would cost RCI a fortune to use the real thing. I'll bet they are just glass chips made to look like diamonds.

Play nice. Brenda earned her Diamond status according to RCI's rules. But then what would you expect from somebody (that would be me) who "cheated" her way to D Plus taking a bunch of 3-night Ensenada cruises?:rolleyes: :D

My understanding of the reciprocity is that if you are Elite on Celebrity you are Diamond on RCI, not just that you get the benefits of being Diamond. I suppose the hair-splitting distinction regarding not getting RCI credit for your Celebrity cruises is important in attaining D Plus because Celebrity has no equivalent category, or receiving whatever benefits accrue at 50 & 100+ credits. Or if/when they change the rules again.

Now you are to receive an envelope with 2 Diamond pins & luggage tags with a letter welcoming you to Diamond status explaining everything to you. You wear the pins at all times but pool & shower & bed. This way you are treated with respect due you. Diamond Plus members have larger pins with 3 diamond chips in them, Diamond has 1.

Are YOU kidding me??? I dont even know offhand where my pins are,much less wear them.................. WHY??? Is it a status thing with you??

If anybody cares, there are actually 6 "diamond chips" in my Diamond+ pin.

Jim.......that's nice to know! Someday RCCL will send me mine, so that I can add it to the other pins in my drawer!! I'm a TMS that has gone beyond 3 month.

But like Critterchick says.........some of mine were earned on Ensenada runs!!:D :D

Rick

Those are not really "diamonds" in those pins. I don't even think they are cubic zirconium (sp)........it would cost RCI a fortune to use the real thing. I'll bet they are just glass chips made to look like diamonds.
And I would bet that they are just glass chips made to look like...................................

........................glass chips! ;)

Its really not a big deal. I had a suite on Freedom and had one drink one night.

I agree. Went into the CL maybe three times. The lounge on the explorer is inside the ship (no windows) The one after noon we were there it was packed! Way too many people and no view of the ocean isn't a fair trade off for a free drink!

Also the Concierge couldn't help us with anything we asked! After the second day we gave up and did things our selves. I'm always amazed at the way people rave about this "perk". We didn't see anything in it.

Also the Concierge couldn't help us with anything we asked! After the second day we gave up and did things our selves. I'm always amazed at the way people rave about this "perk". We didn't see anything in it.

I'm curious - what did you ask the concierge to do that s/he couldn't accommodate?

We are Diamond members and never received "the pin"....I must say I can't imagine that I would wear it anyway. I have never been treated badly and I would hate to think because we are fortunate enough to have sailed quite a few times we would be treated different than any other passenger.

I agree. I'm a Diamond Member because RCI says I am. While I appreciate the kudos and discounts from RCI, I don't really give a crap. I never got a diamond pin, and don't really want one. I'm already impressed with the level of service I get. I was impressed on my very first cruise.

I've had some great experiences with other veteran cruisers. But, there have also been times I did not want to be associated with pin-wearers because they were demanding special attention.

WHAT.............you get a pin when you are Diamond? The nerve............:D

I honestly never knew this.........didn't know........didn't care........and you know what........I have been treated with a lot of respect........just like I was new passenger or something.............

Archived