Concierge club/service?

Congratualtions on becoming Diamond. You will enjoy the perks and please use and enjoy the CL.........it really is a nice place to "hang out" and meet some very wonderful people.

As far as the word "RESPECT" goes, I am sorry to say that there are a few, and I mean very few (could count on one hand), that feel that being a Diamond Member means that they will finally get the respect that is due them and to h*ll with everyone else on the ship. FranHarper said it best, one must earn respect to be treated with respect.

This thread here proves something about some of the D/+ that expect a to be treated a certain way.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=431692

I am going on a cruise. I love to cruise. I will face my adventure with a positive atttitude. I don't care what your level of cruising is with RCI. I can't believe the negative thoughts that some have been posting. Cruising is a great thing. I have spent many hours in the concierge lounge and enjoyed tha wonderful pleople that I have met. There was never a time that anyone put me down because of my profession. There was never a time where I felt that I was inferior because someone earned more money than I did. There was never a time when someone flaunted their number of cruises at me. The lounge was alway a place where I could meet new friends who enjoyed cruising. So my thought to all of you is - If you love to cruise, If you have a positive attitude, If you want to make a new friend, If you want to share past experiences about cruising, It you want to share a late night cup of coffee, If you want to sit in a confortable chair and look out to the sea ( Radiance Class only), Meet me in the lounge. I'll be there. I hope to meet you there in person and not on a board where just posting gives you a kick by being negative.

Bev

I am going on a cruise. I love to cruise. I will face my adventure with a positive atttitude. I don't care what your level of cruising is with RCI. I can't believe the negative thoughts that some have been posting. Cruising is a great thing. I have spent many hours in the concierge lounge and enjoyed tha wonderful pleople that I have met. There was never a time that anyone put me down because of my profession. There was never a time where I felt that I was inferior because someone earned more money than I did. There was never a time when someone flaunted their number of cruises at me. The lounge was alway a place where I could meet new friends who enjoyed cruising. So my thought to all of you is - If you love to cruise, If you have a positive attitude, If you want to make a new friend, If you want to share past experiences about cruising, It you want to share a late night cup of coffee, If you want to sit in a confortable chair and look out to the sea ( Radiance Class only), Meet me in the lounge. I'll be there. I hope to meet you there in person and not on a board where just posting gives you a kick by being negative.

Bev

Thank You So Much For Your Post. Common Sense and Good Manners Win Again... Rah, Rah, Rah...:)

This thread here proves something about some of the D/+ that expect a to be treated a certain way.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=431692

Thanks for sharing this site. Had not read it, but am glad that we were not part of the festivities.......if that's what they were called. I think people should start learning humility!!

Bev

Gosh Bev, I like your thinking........but there are a few that still won't understand anything you have posted.

I have followed this thread with some interest as I will become Diamond after our next B2B cruises.

I have seen people mention that they have reached their level by cruising 3 and 4 night cruises. Should that effect how they are treated by RCI? Should you only get to be a diamond member if you book outside cabins that are D1 and above ? I think not as long as RCI has a set of rules that everyone has to follow to obtain their level of customer appreciaton. I personally can't wait to put on my Diamond pin, heck I earned it. Will I wear it all of the time, no but I will wear it. Will I appreciate the balcony discount that comes along with the pin and the tender tickets, lets not forget the ice skating show or the custom air, you betcha.

I have found over the years that people can read something into a persons post on a message board by interpreting one thing when the poster meant something else. I think a great example of that is the bible that was written years ago and is still being debated to this day as to what the text means.

I personally hate to read threads that slam a poster. When people continue to taunt and ridicule someone it sure doesn't say much about their own character. We all have opinions and can voice them in this great country. IMHO I think we shouldn't throw rocks when we aren't perfect ourselves.

Just an observation: I can't figure out why people post all of their past cruises on the boards. I can see why you would post your future cruises but not the past ones. For people like me that have dial up all of that slows down the CC boards. Is the past cruises something like the Diamond Pin?

Nope-as a regular cruiser I know where to go to check in, I know to have my paperwork filled out ahead of time, I know to print my SetSail pass, I know I need a credit card, I know I need my passport or birth certificate, I know to stop and have ID photo taken, I know to fly in a day ahead especially in winter, I know to stop and get an arrival photo shot before boarding the ship, I know that there is a chance that my cabin won't be ready, I have a clue what time to board the ship, I know to check and see if my cabin is ready, I know that I can got eat in the Windjammer, I know I am expected to tip, I know to book my spa appointments early, I know there is a special key card to gain access to the CL, I know there are 2 dining times, I know who is in charge of changing my table if so needed, I know where the computer terminals are, I know that my seapass is like a credit card and it opens my room, I know all of these things and more.....from 1) experience cruising 2) reading cruise boards 3) reading RCCL materials 4) reading cruise books.

You know the first time I cruised--I really didn't know all those things...even had to stop and be directed to our cabin. Now-I pretty much don't need much 'splaining. I think I got it!!! So just pin that Diamond Pin on my collar or lapel and send me on my way.

I can't figure out why people post all of their past cruises on the boards. I can see why you would post your future cruises but not the past ones. For people like me that have dial up all of that slows down the CC boards.

If you don't wish to see poster's signatures, you can always go to User CP at the top of the page. Select edit options and then select thread display options. That gives you the choice of not displaying signatures and avatars. I sympathise with you having dial up. I live out in the booneys and dial up is my only option, 31.2 Kbps is usually the normal connection speed.:mad: But, I kind of like to see peoples avatars and past and present cruising history, especially if I'm going to cruise with them, like we did with ricko1 this year and will be with cruisenfever in 2008. Personally, I don't see any difference between posting future cruises and posting past cruises. Guess it depends on your outlook, as you say "We all have opinions and can voice them in this great country."

Just an observation: I can't figure out why people post all of their past cruises on the boards. I can see why you would post your future cruises but not the past ones. For people like me that have dial up all of that slows down the CC boards. Is the past cruises something like the Diamond Pin?

I can understand the posting of both past and future cruises, though to me the past ones are the more interesting information. I don´t see it as a wow look how many cruises that guy has taken but it helps me to bring the post into a context sometimes.

If someone answers questions about cruising or specific ships I find it helpful to know if and how many times someone has sailed that ship and also how long it has been since those sailings. JMHO.

However I can see where you come from, when onboard and bound to slow dial up I switch off all avatars, signatures and pics.

Thanks for the tips about setting the boards for read only. I am not sure if it is AOL, the CC Boards or the computer. I just know that I have a pouting session when I have responded to a thread and then I get the little white screen.:( Sometimes I find that the boards are really quick and other times they are so slow that I could bake a cake in between posts. Hubby wonders why I spend hours on the computer. If I had DSL I would be done in 1/8 of the time. Now the good side of the picture is that I don't have neighbors right next door.:) I need to remember that the next time I get that little white screen.

Just an observation: I can't figure out why people post all of their past cruises on the boards. I can see why you would post your future cruises but not the past ones.

Colleen, often other posters will ask you to provide specific info about a past cruise you took because they are planning a future cruise on that ship. I list mine as a reference in case you or others have questions. Also, sometimes, you'll find others who were on the same cruise as you. :)

Also, AOL is terrible with this site. Try minimizing AOL and going through Internet Explorer. It may help.

Hey Paul (aka Aquahound), what about those BUCKEYES!! Saw your Avatar and couldn't resist.........sorry this is off topic...........but that's about all we here in Ohio have to cheer about lately!!

I'm born in Cleveland, raised in Akron (Copley), and schooled at the Great Ohio State University! Go Buckeyes!

Don't worry...I'm coming up to get my dose of winter punishment over the holidays....just to remind me of why I now live in the Keys.

Whatever do you mean?;) :D

I'm born in Cleveland, raised in Akron (Copley), and schooled at the Great Ohio State University! Go Buckeyes!

Don't worry...I'm coming up to get my dose of winter punishment over the holidays....just to remind me of why I now live in the Keys.

We'll try to arrange a WHITE CHRISTMAS just for you!!

Bev

DITTO

• 2 weeks later...

When I first joined this list I thought the same thing.Especially those that cruise multiple time a year while us corporate slaves get the pleasure of one a year....:( However, I now like people listing the cruises so when they post their Opinions I can see their cruise experience especially the Cruise Line they are referring to. And it's great inspiration for retirement.

CuriousCat

PS I am stuck going to Canton,OH for the holidays...:eek: Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

We just got off the Splendour this morning and used the CL twice during our 5-day run. Seating for about 30, self-serve drinks with the ice bucket being a 48 qt igloo and the same for the wine/beer cooler. I believe they had Miller light and a couple of imports for beer. Pretty decent snacks, also. Nice place to spend a few minutes in before dinner.

BTW - this is our first RCL cruise and our OS cabin came with the CL access card.

It is located on deck 7 on the port side by the Centrum elevator core.

Archived