AOS Jr Suites- aft

khm1

The closets are huge in the JS. They are walk-in (unless it's an ajoining room). One thing though. Some friends of mine stayed in an aft JS on the AOS two years ago. Maybe they had bad luck, bad wind direction, etc... But, their balcony was always covered in soot from the stacks. I saw this myself. It was terrible.

Don't let this deter you though. It doesn't seem to be a common occurrance with aft balconies.

I have had both JS cabins on deck ten on the Navigator but they are sister ships and the cabins are the same. I have photos in my link below. They are GREAT cabins with large balconies and plenty of space. You can't go wrong with them at all.

Gator -

Fantastic pics!

I have 1694 booked for both weeks of my B2B on the AOS this Feb/Mar and I am a little concerned about the possibility of soot......can you comment?

Gator -

Fantastic pics!

I have 1694 booked for both weeks of my B2B on the AOS this Feb/Mar and I am a little concerned about the possibility of soot......can you comment?

On the Navigator never had a problem either time in those cabins. The overhang from above kept that kind of stuff out.

We do have an ajoining cabin. My parents will be in the ajoining D-1 cabin. What is the closet like in these Junior suites? How is it different?

The JS rooms I've stayed in on the Voyager Class that were ajoining had a wall closet. This was because the ajoining door was where the walk-in would have been. But, none of these rooms were on the stern. So, you should take gator's word. The aft rooms have a slight layout difference.

I should clarify about the soot also. The room my friends were in was on deck 7. This may make a difference.

We have 1694 booked on Explorer in May. This will be our first AFT , and we are very excited about it.

The metal struture doesn't distract the view at all?

Thanks for the info..and great pics !

Sue

We enjoyed the room, walkin closet is small - by no means large. The balcony is very nice. The structure is annoying when it comes to making pictures. I'm use to the corner-aft on Carnival and find they have much nicer balcony's. They may be smaller, but you are able to sit on the side and aft of the boat with air flow all around. You don't have to look at some large white structure blocking your view, you can look straight down into the water. On AOS you have to look thru the structure and look out about 10 feet to see the water. The balcony faces the sun in the afternoon when you are in Aruba, Curaco, and St Martin. It has no air flow at all because of the full dividers between the balcony's. We did enjoy 1394, very quiet and not a far walk at all. I always prefer the aft of the boat, but next time on AOS I will try a JS on the hump. The main reason being no air flow - we would get so hot we couldn't stand it and have to go inside.

Thanks for the info. We had a hump room on Freedom, and loved it. The location is hard to beat.

We are going to try this out, and see how it goes. We also have a JS hump booked on Liberty, so I am sure I will find out after those two cruises which we prefer. I would like to try an aft on radiance too :D

I am not sure I would want an aft on Freedom class...as I have a bad knee...and the ship is definately longerrrrrrrrr.

• 4 years later...
I have had both JS cabins on deck ten on the Navigator but they are sister ships and the cabins are the same. I have photos in my link below. They are GREAT cabins with large balconies and plenty of space. You can't go wrong with them at all.

Thanks for posting these pics. They are still useful for people after all this time! Mariela

Your pictures are fantastic!

Archived