Conquest - Port os Starboard

TXHappyCruiser

Hmmm... I know this must matter to some people, but I have to say, I've never paid attention at all... both sides have their positives, depending on where you are docking, I could see wanting to be on both sides... I guess if you want to sit out on your balcony while in port, port side would be best but that also depends on how/where you dock... I guess if it mattered to me, I might choose port side... but then again, I've enjoyed starboard... now you see why I could never make that decision?? LMAO!!! My preference would be an AFT cabin... best of both worlds :D

Captain decides how to "park" some weeks the port side will face the island== other weeks it will be starboard.

--

deciding what side gets themost sun-- going but when you are on the way back it will be the other side that gets all the sun..

the only time to make the decision on what side-- is a northbound or southbound alaska cruise.

Like going Crusing stated-- pick an aft cabin and you wont worry about being on the wrong side of the ship

I am assuming you have a balcony cabin in mind. If so I would choose starboard.

1) you will see the sun set the evening you sail.

2) you will have afternoon sun on first sea day.

3) you will have sun almost all day on sea day 2

4) the pier in MoBay is a toss-up, there is no way to know which direction the ship will dock. If you are lucky the ship pull in head first and you will be opposite the dock with a view of the harbor and city. It's a tossup.

5) Grand Cayman is a tender port, who cares? tides will effect how the ship faces.

6) you will probably tender in Cozumel so it won't matter either. If you dock, port side will probably be better as you face the island. (or another ship if you dock at the international pier. It's too close to call.

7) You will see the sun rise on your last sea day though you will be in the shade all afternoon.

Thats how I see it, but we have aft balcony 7453 booked for our 1/21/2007 :D

I've read that the aft balconies really feel the motion in the ocean and the vibration from the engines. Something to consider.

I've read that also, but my personal experience was the opposite. I'm not saying what others claim isn't true, I just have to wonder what ship they were on, what they are compairing the motion they felt to, and what the seas were like on their cruise.

As always, your mileage may vary. ;)

Archived