A Bit Off-HAL-Topic, but Funny as Get Out

kryos

I found this on the Cunard board:

Apparently they do a charity video on their World Cruises, and this one somehow found itself on the 'net.

I almost split my side laughing. My only question, though is ... is that a real cat or just a stuffed one? :)

Enjoy ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Great tape. Thanks.

See the Captain, Chris Rynd also taking part. He is a very nice guy - sailed with him three times (or 4?) on Princess; Pacific (old), Royal (old), and Sky (now also gone).

Knew that he was often sailing now with Cunard (which is optimally under Princess management, while both are now part of Carnival).

Very cute! BTW Rita ... it's a stuffed cat. When he pets it, it scoots under the weight of his hand. All the real cats had to be used because they ran out of pate the night before! ;)

I'll have to check that out again ... so now I have an excuse to watch the video yet a fifth time. :)

Remind me never to order pate. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

That was so cool! I love the guy with the teddy bear after the guy with the cat!

Yep, I thought he was kinda cute, too...errh, I mean "it"....:eek: :D ;)

Nice to see the crew looking like they're having fun...and they sure seemed to! Guess we all like to think that our "mysterious" crew folks are really enjoying themselves as much as we do....

Paul

Now, finally something that I've enjoyed today! Thanks for the post. It's been a very trying day and I really needed to see something that made me feel good.

H'bout a little chuckle BJane?

A blond newlywed couple, booked a luxury cruise with a balcony cabin. After bringing their carry-on luggage into their cabin, they stormed down to the Front Office. The bride was in tears, and the groom was red faced. When asked what the problem was, the groom started swearing at the attendant:

"We booked a cabin with a view, for our honeymoon, and all we get

to see out the window is a parking lot!";)

H'bout a little chuckle BJane?

A blond newlywed couple, booked a luxury cruise with a balcony cabin. After bringing their carry-on luggage into their cabin, they stormed down to the Front Office. The bride was in tears, and the groom was red faced. When asked what the problem was, the groom started swearing at the attendant:

"We booked a cabin with a view, for our honeymoon, and all we get

to see out the window is a parking lot!";)

You obviously don't have any blondes in your family... :o

Great tape. Thanks.

See the Captain, Chris Rynd also taking part. He is a very nice guy - sailed with him three times (or 4?) on Princess; Pacific (old), Royal (old), and Sky (now also gone).

Knew that he was often sailing now with Cunard (which is optimally under Princess management, while both are now part of Carnival).

Michael,

Chris Rynd is master on board the QUEEN MARY 2 at the moment... just out of Hamburg drydock. He will be taking the ship on the first half of her maiden world cruise. He will be staying with the QM2 for most of the next year then will start to alternate betwwen the QUEEN MARY 2 and the new QUEEN VICTORIA in '08.

A real gentleman!

Stephen

A blond newlywed couple, .......

Hey! Be nice. YOU are not supposed to tell blonde jokes (being a dark-haired Dutchman married to a Latina). icon_wink.gif

Mary - I hear you. Sometimes the family I married into just doesn't get me. Everyone of them is brunet with dark eyes. But now there is a blonde niece so I have hope!

Rita - Fantastic video clip. Everyone looked like they really enjoyed the sing-along.

Chris Rynd is master on board the QUEEN MARY 2 at the moment... just out of Hamburg drydock. He will be taking the ship on the first half of her maiden world cruise. He will be staying with the QM2 for most of the next year then will start to alternate betwwen the QUEEN MARY 2 and the new QUEEN VICTORIA in '08.

A real gentleman!

Do you happen to know if he'll be at the helm for the translantic portion of the QE2's World Cruise in April 2007? I'll be on that Southampton to New York leg and would love to tell him how much I enjoyed this video. Maybe they will have a new one from the just then completed World Cruise 2007 for sale. I can always hope. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Great video - obviously a lot of work, but well done. Our son has a cat like the one in the video - it uses 2 batteries and it actually looks like a real cat sleeping, because the cat's tummy goes up and down, and occasionally it purrs. He took it to Japan when he spent a year there, it was his pet away from home.

copper 10-8: loved the joke - seriously though, I do know a couple who could have done that!!!!

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

Do you happen to know if he'll be at the helm for the translantic portion of the QE2's World Cruise in April 2007?

Wrong ship, I'm afraid. He was only on QE2 for a short while - he has since moved on to QM2.

I doubt he'll be returning to QE2 - I suppose nothing's impossible, but it is certainly not in the plans. As Stephen said, he is now aboard QM2 and then from 2008 should be alternating between her and QUEEN VICTORIA.

I don't know who will be on your crossing. I guess it will probably be either Nick Bates or David Perkins. You're on the very last leg of the world cruise (in fact, your crossing is part of two cruises - it's the last leg of the world cruise and the first leg of a round-trip from Southampton to the Caribbean) and as usual, there will be a change mid-cruise so it will not be Ian McNaught who will be doing the Christmas/New Year's cruise and then the first part of the world cruise. Whoever your captain is will probably be coming on someplace in Asia and will be staying through at least to the end of your crossing... And maybe beyond.

No joke, I am born, raised, and still in ...Amarillo, TX! :D I laughed at this video; how fun! You know, when my boyfriend and I went to the UK for the past two summers, anytime we would tell natives we were from Amarillo, TX, they would break out into song, and Lorenzo and I would look quite bewildered...:o

Archived