Our Plan to Pay off our honeymoon curise.

wtch4monkeys

JMHO - I don't understand why people would want to pay so much for a game (and go through all the hassle of getting one - even getting shot over,:( ) but I really think it stinks when the games (or any other items) are purchased just for quick profitable re-sale.

:cool: Hope you meet the following guidelines!

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=59360

Pay off your cruise??????????

You not only could pay off your cruise but also pay for another cruise and maybe even have enough left over to pay off your car.

I watched this auction end on Ebay earilier this morning, take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-60GB-Premium-System-PS3-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ120053236745QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JMHO - I don't understand why people would want to pay so much for a game (and go through all the hassle of getting one - even getting shot over,:( ) but I really think it stinks when the games (or any other items) are purchased just for quick profitable re-sale.

:cool: Hope you meet the following guidelines!

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=59360

I went to Circuit City last night to buy a printer and saw all the people in tents. asked the cashier what was going on. After he told me they were there to get the PS3 I said to him tomorrow they will all be on Ebay. (shaking head)

Bill

You not only could pay off your cruise but also pay for another cruise and maybe even have enough left over to pay off your car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-60GB-Premium-System-PS3-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ120053236745QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy Cow, seriously, I would much rather camp out and pay the $500 than to pay that much! :eek:

I got my hands on two Playstation Threes and when we put them on ebay we will most likley have enough money to pay off our cruise as well aspay for a second one maybe!

Yup pay off your cruise, yea nice, that's why people can't get them for their own children, most people can't ( or won't ) take 2 day's camp out at a store, just to get one for their kids. Ridiculous.. sorry JMHO I seen on the news here how everyone's camping out for day's just to get them, when interviewing some of them they also admitted they were only buying them to resell... guess people really do anything for a fast buck.. The sad and stupid thing IMHO is that people are crazy for paying the high amt, just wait a few months and you'll be able to buy them at regular prices everywhere, it's just a dang game system.. LOL

On my radio today, don't know if these were BS bids, one closed for $11,000.00 and another for $20,000.00. I'm just quoting the radio and they were on ebay watching them. And I agree, WHY???? 1/2 of them don't even play the last generation games.

Well, on the link posted above, it's pretty obivois they're BS bids when you look at the bidding history.

Yup pay off your cruise, yea nice, that's why people can't get them for their own children, most people can't ( or won't ) take 2 day's camp out at a store, just to get one for their kids. Ridiculous.. sorry JMHO I seen on the news here how everyone's camping out for day's just to get them, when interviewing some of them they also admitted they were only buying them to resell... guess people really do anything for a fast buck.. The sad and stupid thing IMHO is that people are crazy for paying the high amt, just wait a few months and you'll be able to buy them at regular prices everywhere, it's just a dang game system.. LOL

Apparently some people have more money than brains.

I had to spend a portion of my day monitoring the PS3 line at work. Luckily we had no problems. The majority of the folks in line also planned on selling them on e-Bay.

People here paid homeless people to line up for them starting on Wednesday. One homeless guy told the story of how he recruited 21 of his homeless friends to stand in line as well. He took 50% of the fee paid for this "service" . Cost ranged between $200 to $500 .

Have people gone totally nuts? Who is the craziest, the people who go to such lengths to make a buck or the people who bid for them on EBay? Pretty sad reflection on our materialistic society if you ask me

Yup pay off your cruise, yea nice, that's why people can't get them for their own children.

I agree, I don't think people should rush out and buy items just to resell for a higher price when someone may have wanted one for a gift. an ebayer said his brother was the manager at toys R us so he got 3 and another said they brought his friends to stand in line so he got 4. The same thing is going on with TMX Elmo, one man bought 18 of them for resale. I have no problem with selling on ebay but maybe buy 2, keep one and put one on, not buy out the entire stock for resale is not fair.

Let me make sure I fully understand all the complants...

Sony releases 400K units to America whos Population just busted 300Mill

and the people who take their time camp out to buy a product with their hard earned money and then make use of the best Free Market system in the world your mad about???

Be mad a Sony not the people buying to resell.....

If somebody choses to pay 3-7 times the face value more power to the seller.... Besides when did it become required in America that a product must be purchased with the intent of the orginal comsumers use?.....

John

I agree, I don't think people should rush out and buy items just to resell for a higher price when someone may have wanted one for a gift.

I'd bet the ones that stood in line for 3 days to give their child a $600 gaming system are the same ones who are responsible for the hellions running loose on a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

The last two bids that pushed it to 14999 and then 15099 are by users that are suddenly no longer registered users on ebay which means that they were either suspended by ebay or cancelled their account after making a bid. Whatever... I believe that means that $3000 was the top bid.

Pay for your cruise and airfare and maybe have some spending money.

Laura

If somebody choses to pay 3-7 times the face value more power to the seller.... Besides when did it become required in America that a product must be purchased with the intent of the orginal comsumers use?.....

John

Exactly! FTLOG people.....it's not like their stealing. They stood in line and purchased them with their own money. They have every right to do anything they want with them. I say more power to them.

On the other hand............you won't see me standing in line for days to buy anything:p

Is this an ebay site, or a cruise site?? Ever heard of free enterprise? I say make the money any way you can, (legally), and do with it what you want!! Good for you!!:D

PS, by the way, I take offense to the "hellion" comment. Just because a child plays video games doesn't make them bad, rude kids. That's all I have to say. The horses are getting way to high on this thread!

I think it is sad! Has anyone seen the news. How about all the people in NC homeless now because of a tornado. Wish that $$ was going to someone or someplace like that. Sad to think people are worrying about games when there is so much Bigger things to worry about and try to fix. JMO!!

Ok, spending $500 on a freaking video game system is insane enough... but the people that are (legitimately, not the fake bids) paying $3K and more on eBay, are out of their minds. The sad thing is, many of these people are parents and going nuts to spend $3K on junior because he HAS to have one:rolleyes: They did an interview with a local parent who said she was paying an outrageous amount because her "child would be devastated if he didn't get one for Christmas"... are you SERIOUS????? I wanted to jump through the screen and shake her, and ask her just who was the boss around her house? LOL. I don't care HOW much money you have... spending $3K on a video game system (or even $500), certainly isn't showing that child where his priorities should be.

That being said... if I had managed to get one (if I thought about it! LOL!) I would have bought one for $500 in a heartbeat and sold it for $2K... not a question in my mind... I am not a fool!!! LOL!!

I think it is sad! Has anyone seen the news. How about all the people in NC homeless now because of a tornado. Wish that $$ was going to someone or someplace like that. Sad to think people are worrying about games when there is so much Bigger things to worry about and try to fix. JMO!!

It's funny... the lady that was interviewed (the one I mentioned above), lived about 20 miles west of Columbus County (where the tornado hit yesterday)... right after her interview, they moved into talking about the devastation...just a 15 minute drive from her, there are over 100 homeless people, lost everything, right around the corner from the holidays... and she is spending $3K on a video game system... But she'll watch it and it won't even phase her... not my place to judge, and she can do what she wants with her money... just seems so foolish.

Last season it was with another brand (Xbox I think) there was shortage conveniently, people paid outrageous bucks for these have to have games, then after holidays, what do you know, they were on the shelves again. Same thing with furbys, cabage patch dolls and every other fad companies can come up with to cause a feeding frenzy.

Archived