Topless sunbating on Westerdam

FunCouple50

Maybe I made a mistake booking on HAL. Is it really as stuffy as all of you make it seem? Hubby and I like to experience a little fun, romance and adventure while on vacations. Once in a while I like to remind the old man why he married me 25 years ago.

If going topless makes a difference then yes, you choose the wrong cruiseling and what does going topless on the ship have to do with reminding the old man why he married you? You can book a veranda cabin and remind him why he married you. As has been said, Carnival is about the only line that has a topless deck, so I guess all the rest of the lines are stuffy. Why don't you consider a vacation at one of the adult, all inclusive resorts in Jamaica or Dominican Republic? As some others have suggested if your cruise stops in St Martin you will enjoy the Orient Beach, but while on the ship and in public, please keep your cloths on. NMNita

On past cruises my wife was able to enjoy topless sunbathing on an adults only sun deck. Does HAL offer an area like this on the Westerdam? What is their policy?

We'll be on the Volendam in a couple of weeks.....

Race 'ya to the topless deck!!!!! :)

Just off the Westerdam, there was no topless sunbathing-

However, when i was on the Volendam in Feb. one of the activities staff said the sportsdeck had topless sunbathing during mediterreanian routes- not sure if that applies to all HAL ships in the med.

Probably just boring ol' me but I fail to see what that has to do with being able to sunbath topless on a deck full of HAL's geriatric crowd :rolleyes: - or is that the adventure part and I'm missing the boat in my forties?

HAL is not that stuffy really; there are scooter races on Navigation Deck just about any afternoon after the mandatory naps, strip shuffleboard twice a week, and you haven't lived on the wild side until you've seen/participated in a game called Sea Quest:eek:

Exactly why I booked another HA cruise!! Look for #48 on my scooter.. Go Jimmy!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe I made a mistake booking on HAL. Is it really as stuffy as all of you make it seem? Hubby and I like to experience a little fun, romance and adventure while on vacations. Once in a while I like to remind the old man why he married me 25 years ago.

We're young and live in a condo surrounded by others our age, but topless sunbathing is not allowed at the pool. Does this make us stuffy too?

On past cruises my wife was able to enjoy topless sunbathing on an adults only sun deck. Does HAL offer an area like this on the Westerdam? What is their policy?

Yes, but only on aft-facing private verandahs...

...just don't be surprised when you see a bunch of binoculars & cameras pointed her way!

;)

JOhn--

How many times have I told you?

Just say "No" to thongs!

Yeah, ok, fine!:rolleyes: I don't wear dental floss but when it's forced down your throat, you can't help but stare at it and in the case of the "youngster" in the pic, staring at it is no day at the beach!:eek:

Everyone keeps talking about the geriatric age on HAL. I just went on Celebrity Constellation New England/Canada cruise and I want to tell you I never saw so many electric wheelchairs and scooters. In my estimation, the age demographics on Celebrity were every bit as old as on my HAL cruise. It didn't bother me in the least as I'm 60 and my traveling companion 76, but just wanted to assure everyone HAL is not the only line for us oldies. We were pleased to not see 600-700 kids on the ship. The one family we saw said there were only 14 kids on the whole ship, and the Constellation is a pretty good size ship. And we certainly didn't see any topless deck in Alaska or New England. :eek:

• 4 months later...

Archived