Prepaid Tips (MERGED)

We have sailed with Princess before and after auto-tipping and have not noticed a drop in service. Don't forget that the main reason NCL & Princess went to auto-tipping was their introduction of "anytime dining" where you will not have the same wait staff every day.

you seem confused MGOBLUE2

HUMMMM....if you read the entire post the part you quoted me above was in context meaning :companies that have gone prepay..where you can lower the portion of your tip according to service would hurt all staff not just the staff that you have a problem with. your quoting me to say if you prepay on RCCL then you hurt all staff....which me and everyone else knows isnt true....again the quote you have me on is geared towards NCL.

If your entire point is geared toward NCL, why are you on the RCI threads? Since you chose to post this on an RCI thread, one can only assume you are applying the topic to all cruise lines....including RCI. In fact, you did insinuate that RCI would go to 100% pre-paid tips in the future on another post.

You're making alot of enemies today. If that's your intent, congrats!:rolleyes:

HUMMMM....if you read the entire post the part you quoted me above was in context meaning :companies that have gone prepay..where you can lower the portion of your tip according to service would hurt all staff not just the staff that you have a problem with. your quoting me to say if you prepay on RCCL then you hurt all staff....which me and everyone else knows isnt true....again the quote you have me on is geared towards NCL.

If anyone's confused on this thread, it's becasue of your double-talk. You can't even seem to remember what you said.

This guy's responses are just downright childish. If the hosts are reading this, I think it's time to make this clown's posts go "poof!"

If your entire point is geared toward NCL, why are you on the RCI threads? Since you chose to post this on an RCI thread, one can only assume you are applying the topic to all cruise lines....including RCI. In fact, you did insinuate that RCI would go to 100% pre-paid tips in the future on another post.

You're making alot of enemies today. If that's your intent, congrats!:rolleyes:

The guy is not even sure how many cruises he has taken to date.

Here is a post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434115 that states he has been on 25 cruises.

Here is states that http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=437698 he is going on his 10th cruise and first on RCI.

You put two and two together and figure out what his intent is. Kind of hard to get 10 and 25 mixed up. One post says that he is getting ready to go on his first RCI cruise but yet in the other post he states how much better RCI is over NCL. He cannot remember what posts from one thread to another. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm not confused at all. Since you didn't mention RCI, I was just making sure you understood that the situation you described regarding NCL didn't apply on RCI. If you knew that, that's fine.

The guy is not even sure how many cruises he has taken to date.

Here is a post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434115 that states he has been on 25 cruises.

Here is states that http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=437698 he is going on his 10th cruise and first on RCI.

You put two and two together and figure out what his intent is. Kind of hard to get 10 and 25 mixed up. One post says that he is getting ready to go on his first RCI cruise but yet in the other post he states how much better RCI is over NCL. He cannot remember what posts from one thread to another. :rolleyes:

Good Catch! That explains quite a bit. He's a poser. I've noticed he can't seem to remember his own words. Looks like someone's playing on Daddy's computer again!

Unsure about your post. Did you mean "Not at all, looking forward to the Serenade in 10/07" or did you really mean that you are not at all looking forward to the Serenade in 10/07. Big difference.:D

Isn't there some confusion here? On RCI, you don't prepay your tips. You merely add them to your on board account, for your own convenience. How can that be a lack of incentive?

Should have been "not at all, Looking forward to the Serenade in 10/07" How one little comma can make a whole different meaning:) We are looking forward to the Serenade to Hawaii.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to tipping. I like the CASH to go from my hand to the person's I'm tipping.

I stay in Ohio on business once or twice a year. At the hotel I stay in they welcome me by name, and take such good care of me when I'm there. I request the same housekeeper, and she is wonderful! At the end of my stay, I tip her well, but I don't leave the tip at the front desk, nor do I leave it on the table. I find her and I give it to her. That's THE only way I trust that she actually gets what I want her to have.

My .02

Coming from someone who has experienced cruising with both NCL and RCI it is my opinion the the products are quite similar except in regards to dining format. I like both at different times and for a change of pace. I personally have not noticed any decline in service on NCL since their gratuity policy changed and agree with the poster that stated, "A smile is usually met with a smile!":D

We have been on only 2 NCL cruises and the most recent one was last year to Alaska. We only ate in the main dining room two times and we had absolutely the worst service we have ever had. Both times though, it was the same waitress and assistant. The first night she told us repeatedly through dinner that there were other restaurants and we didn't need to eat in the main dining room every night. We were aware of the other restaurants as we had made reservations for most nights, but she not only told us so many times, but she couldn't have been slower had she gone in reverse. We also had her one morning for breakfast. Same thing.

We didn't try to get the tip removed because it would have affected others. I did write to NCL when we returned and told them how poor she was. I also put it on my comment card. I don't believe it was because she was paid whether service was good or not, because poor service will get her fired eventually.

On RCI, we have never had poor service. Some of the wait staff were better than others, but that is typical I believe. I don't know if having the tips be a service charge will make a difference in service. My thought would be it could make a difference but it is up to the cruiseline to make sure it doesn't.

Katie

Archived