RCI offers credit equal to my on-board credit !

I booked an Alaska cruise tour while onboard the Nav. in October. Received the 200 on-board credit....Now, I get an email that they are offerring a 200 dollar credit for new bookings made from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30 for Alaska 2007 cruise tours.

Can I get the additional credit ? Or if this does apply only to new bookings it kind of makes it worthless for me to have booked my tour while on-board my last cruise.

I plan to call them tomorrow, but I suspect they will not apply this additional credit .... anyone have experience with this?

I booked an Alaska cruise tour while onboard the Nav. in October. Received the 200 on-board credit....Now, I get an email that they are offerring a 200 dollar credit for new bookings made from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30 for Alaska 2007 cruise tours.

Can I get the additional credit ? Or if this does apply only to new bookings it kind of makes it worthless for me to have booked my tour while on-board my last cruise.

I plan to call them tomorrow, but I suspect they will not apply this additional credit .... anyone have experience with this?

Only your actual experience will answer your question, FC. As we know, the thing that is most consistent with Royal Caribbean is their inconsistency.

Their rule is "no", this is for new bookings only.

Let us know if you get it, though.

I had a similar situation this week happen to me. I booked a cruise for next Oct. while onboard on 11/01 so I received the 200.00 OBC. This week I find a 125.00 savings certificate for my 10/26/07 cruise on C&A good for bookings from 11/01-11/30 so I called C&A and I was told I can get the extra 125.00 discount also and they gave me the email and the info I had to send to RCCL so it is applied to my cruise. :)

Remember now there is a difference between on board credit and a $200 discount...........while usually the discount is for new bookings, booked by a certain date, I am currently trying the same thing with a coupon that came out AFTER I booked a cruise I am on..........still waiting on answer from my ta.

I booked a cruise on 11-14 for a May 2007 departure. I would like to request this credit. Is there an offer number or something I can use? If someone could email me the offer or post the info here I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robert

My savings certificate was only good on my cruise on the Explorer for the sailing of 10/26/07 and I had to book it between 11/1-11/30 which I did. It is found under the C & A part on the RCCL website under savings certificates. Click on it and it lists all the certificates available for the different cruises and dates and when you had to book them to get a certificate.

I know someone who booked a new reservation to take advantage of the new coupon, then transferred the OBC to that reservation and cancelled the original. They got the benefit of both offers.

Good luck

Yes, I could do that - but I live the aft cabin I have and I'm afraid I'd lose that if I cancel and rebook...

The cruise we are going on in january was booked on board our last cruise last December. In June we got a coupon for our already booked cruise and had no problem getting it credited to our already booked cruise. Our TA handled it for us. We kept the same cabins. We got the $100 early booking credit, the $125 coupon discount, the $100 platinum discount and then a $150 price drop ($300 for the cabin) a couple of weeks ago. That's $625 off our starting price for the cabin.

Archived