New Year's Eve - Downtown Miami - Need Sushi Suggestion

joedebnh

We will be in downtown Miami on New Year's Eve prior to our 1/2/2007 cruise on Oceania Regatta. Really don't want to dress up and go to any place too fancy but want good food. We are thinking Sushi might be a good choice since there shouldn't be a lot of celebrating while sitting at a Sushi bar.

Any suggestions, Sushi or otherwise, will be appreciated.

I guess we came to the conclusion that South Beach would be a "ZOO" on New Year's Eve and would be difficult to find a spot to eat without reservations and the need to get a 2nd mortgage for the bill on that night.

If we are wrong it would be great. I think the Marriott Courtyard is either a close walk or near the downtown people mover.

I guess we came to the conclusion that South Beach would be a "ZOO" on New Year's Eve and would be difficult to find a spot to eat without reservations and the need to get a 2nd mortgage for the bill on that night.

If we are wrong it would be great. I think the Marriott Courtyard is either a close walk or near the downtown people mover.

You guessed right!! I myself am 29 and normally you would think that I would be hitting these trendy spots, but it just becomes so complicated and so expensive and so crowded that its not worth it to me anymore. Maybe when I was younger and had the energy to do it I would. Now I always fly to be away from Miami on New Years Eve. This year its skiing in the mountains!

With that said, last year I had just moved into my own apartment in Brickell and ended up ordering food from PF changs right down the street from my apartment and sat on the balcony to eat and watched the fireworks light up the sky over Bay Biscayne...which you will be able to see from your hotel probably. If not walk over to Bayside (probably going to be crowded) to see the fireworks. You can catch the metromover close by from your hotel.

We will be at the Downtown Miami Marriott Courtyard on New Year's Eve. Can you see the fireworks from that location or can you suggest a good site near that hotel?

Hi, I think I answered your other post regarding this same question....but you should be able to see the fireworks if your balcony faces east....or you can walk over to Bayside with everyone else and see the fireworks perfectly.

Archived