A question for Steamboats

Avril

I read that you've sailed on the Delta Queen. What's she like? I read about her in one of my cruise books and she sounded really interesting. Unfortunatly, there were no pictures so I have no idea what she looks like. :eek: If you have any pictures and/or a review that you would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering a cruise that's different from the ordinary mega ship lines although I love them!!!! :D

Thanks a lot.

Avril,

There´s a special board on this site for the new "Majestic America Line" (see "Cruise Lines A - O). MAL (owned by Ambassadors International) bought the Delta Queen Steamboat Company, the American West Steamboat Company, the Columbia Queen and the Executive Explorer (now Contessa).

I do have a review of a cruise on the DQ last year but I don´t have it online (not written by me but a third party). I have some reviews of the Mississippi Queen. Read them and you will get a feeling of the overall experience. There´s a bit less entertainment/activities throughout the day on the DQ. The reviews are linked in my signature. You will find lots of photos and more details on

http://www.rivers-rails.com/boats-dq.shtml

and also on our main website http://www.steamboats.org/ (see "pictures").

Feel free to contact me via email (contact addresses are on the above websites).

steamboats

Avril,

You might wanna read the last entry of Mary Charlton´s blog on our website. She started out as a passenger years ago and made her dream come true first working as a bartender, now as a riverlorian aboard the Delta Queen

http://www.steamboats.org/weblogs/categories/21-Steamboat-Marys-Weblog

steamboats

Just an FYI...tried to email via the web site/email address you had posted 11/20...did not work for me..found the website but went to "contact nothing happened...maybe it was just me/my computer etc. but wanted to let you know...appears you are in Munich? Thought it might be fun to meet up when we are there next month but we will not be close to Munich..start out in Nuremburg to Vienna and then on to Budapest, on our own...but do thank you for all the info you have provided! If I am not accessing your email correctly please let me know! LuAnn

Hi LuAnn,

There´s a "contact the webmaster" at the end of the first site of our steamboats.org website. If you click on that your email browser should open automatically. You can also find DH´s email under "who we are" or "impressum". There you have to type the correct address. That´s just to avoid at least some of the spam :) . We do receive lots of spam mail (unfortunately) and I just browse the sender name and the referance before I delete them. If there´s nothing which sounds familiar I delete the mails. Maybe try it again using "cruisecritic" as referance. Yes, we are living in Munich :D.

steamboats

Archived