I think we won the lottery...........

Mudhen

I don't think I've yet recovered.......the upgrade fairy is alive and well and totally shot her wad on us. We booked a guarantee p3 and were upgraded to a queen's grill stateroom........I'm still in shock. The only thing that brings me back to reality is that when I look in my closet, I'm not seeing a wardrobe fit for a "queen" LOL! It's a caribbean cruise, not a "crossing" so I don't think it will be as formal as a TA, but it's still a little worrisome....

Previously I had asked about what I should know about the Princess class and it all sounded absolutely fabulous. Now I have a whole new set of questions........

First, the catalog says something to the effect that the cabin has a complementary "bar replenished with soft drinks and selected spirts or wine".

What exactly does that mean? Do we choose what we want? Is it whatever they want to put in? When they mean replenish, does that mean when it's gone they'll bring more? Do we pay for more or is REALLY complementary?

That makes us sound like real drinkers which we're not, but since we've traveling with another couple, who also BTW got a Queen's grill upgrade. It would be fun to party before dinner or have a drink while getting dressed.

Next......Since I'm traveling with my mother-in-law, would it be possible to have two twin beds or will be just have to deal with a king (of the drudgery of it all...hahaha!)?

Are there any other perks that I might not be aware of that I should know about. Since I'll probably never be there again, I don't want to miss a thing!

God Bless that little upgrade fairey........long may she sprinkle her upgrade dust on all!!!!

I don't think I've yet recovered.......the upgrade fairy is alive and well and totally shot her wad on us. We booked a guarantee p3 and were upgraded to a queen's grill stateroom........I'm still in shock. The only thing that brings me back to reality is that when I look in my closet, I'm not seeing a wardrobe fit for a "queen" LOL! It's a caribbean cruise, not a "crossing" so I don't think it will be as formal as a TA, but it's still a little worrisome....

Previously I had asked about what I should know about the Princess class and it all sounded absolutely fabulous. Now I have a whole new set of questions........

First, the catalog says something to the effect that the cabin has a complementary "bar replenished with soft drinks and selected spirts or wine".

What exactly does that mean? Do we choose what we want? Is it whatever they want to put in? When they mean replenish, does that mean when it's gone they'll bring more? Do we pay for more or is REALLY complementary?

That makes us sound like real drinkers which we're not, but since we've traveling with another couple, who also BTW got a Queen's grill upgrade. It would be fun to party before dinner or have a drink while getting dressed.

Next......Since I'm traveling with my mother-in-law, would it be possible to have two twin beds or will be just have to deal with a king (of the drudgery of it all...hahaha!)?

Are there any other perks that I might not be aware of that I should know about. Since I'll probably never be there again, I don't want to miss a thing!

God Bless that little upgrade fairey........long may she sprinkle her upgrade dust on all!!!!

WOW !!! CONGRATS!!! NOT SURE ABOUT THE BED ISSUE BUT I THINK THEY WILL ACCOMADATE YOUR REQUEST IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!! yES YOU WILL HAV A STOCKED COMPLIMENTRY BAR BUT NOT ALL BRANDS ARE FREE DEPENDING ON YOUR QUEEN CATERGORY . YOU WILL ALSO HAVE A BUTLER IN ADDITION TO YOUR ROOM STEWARD,UNPACK, PACK OR WHATEVER YES SOME ONE FROM CUSTOMER RELATIONS WILL BE CALLING YOU TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL FOOD BEVERAGE OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL REQUESTS. YOU WILL ALSO HAVE ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE SMALL SUNDECK FOR QUEEN PAX GREAT SERVICE COOL TOWELS AND MISTERS!! YUP SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID HIT THE LOTTERY BEST REGARDS JIM AND ANGELA P.S HAVING COCKTAILS IN YOUR CABIN EACH EVE SAY 4:00PM DONT FORGET TO HAVE YOUR BUTLER BRING THE COMPLIMENTRY FROZEN VODKA AND CAVIAR

On QE2 the bar is a litre of spirits each, chosen from a reasonable list.

Replenished daily means just that. And, although I can't speak from experience, I understand means that empty bottles are taken away and full ones left.

It certainly works for the cans of soft drinks and water - where they make sure they keep up with you.

There is no charge at all. Well, other than the small fortune that you've paid for the fare!

On QE2 the bar is a litre of spirits each, chosen from a reasonable list.

Replenished daily means just that. And, although I can't speak from experience, I understand means that empty bottles are taken away and full ones left.

It certainly works for the cans of soft drinks and water - where they make sure they keep up with you.

There is no charge at all. Well, other than the small fortune that you've paid for the fare!

Q-4 AND ABOVE IS FULLY STOCKED WITH NOT MANY LIMITS LIMITS!!Q-5,6 &7 HAVE LIMITS

We are on the QM2 Dec 9th to the caribbean as Jim and Angela pointed out, (those two are so cool! They know everything!). Thank you all for your input. Sounds like we really don't need to haul an extra bottle of anything for the room.......we'll just let the butler bring it! OMG....that sounds so funny! Frozen vodka and caviar.........I've really died and gone to heaven! See J and A on board, and thanks again.....

Thank you all for your input....I've really died and gone to heaven! ....

Do we really have to mention the quid pro quo ...

A report from the "other side" is expected sometime before you return to earth (port)--surely 'heaven' will have complimentary internet privileges!. Please rate the frozen vodka for us mere mortals. Enjoy!

Chris

Space Cadet Mudhen, reporting in........I'm guessing that Heaven is out there somewhere....haha. Believe me, in my wildest dreams I never thought I'd EVER see the inside of the "upper class". I'm somewhat guilt ridden now, after reading all the pages of "class ship" stuff on this forum. I promise to only drink generic vodka, Ripple, Thunderbird and Andre champagne............well, if you believe that, I've got a bridge for you! ;)!

Space Cadet Mudhen, reporting in........I'm guessing that Heaven is out there somewhere....haha. Believe me, in my wildest dreams I never thought I'd EVER see the inside of the "upper class". I'm somewhat guilt ridden now, after reading all the pages of "class ship" stuff on this forum. I promise to only drink generic vodka, Ripple, Thunderbird and Andre champagne............well, if you believe that, I've got a bridge for you! ;)!

IF YOU REMEBER THUNDERBIRD YOU MUST REMEMBER ME!!! ENJOY JIM AND ANG!!!( PS WE MUST TALK ) SEE YOU AT THE MEET AND GREET!!!

We are on the QM2 Dec 9th to the caribbean as Jim and Angela pointed out, (those two are so cool! They know everything!). Thank you all for your input. Sounds like we really don't need to haul an extra bottle of anything for the room.......we'll just let the butler bring it! OMG....that sounds so funny! Frozen vodka and caviar.........I've really died and gone to heaven! See J and A on board, and thanks again.....

JUST LET US KNOW WHO IS CATTERING YOUR AFFAIR IN CELEBRATION OF THIS SURPRISE!!! ONLY KIDDING!!! J&A

OH NO! "Kindlychap" is busting our bubble! I've all but eaten the QM2 brochure and can't find anything that says the so called "bar" is only reserved for the REALLY uppers of the Queen's Grill class. ASAP ( that means when turkey is done and guests are gone) I'll get in touch with our TA and have him call and get the real poop on this! I'm guessing Kindlychap wouldn't say such a thing if he doesn't know first hand.........

We were in Q3 on QM2 in June. (thanks to the "Upgrade Fairy")

We were limited to ONE free bottle of Alcohol each (wine/spirits).

There were a couple of beers that were not restocked.

The soft drinks were restocked each day based on our preferences.

The same rules seemed to apply to people we met in Q5 Suites.

Thank you for the info. If that's the case, that will be more than enough for us! I wanted to know as this will save hauling any extra to the ship for in the suite use. Four bottles between the 4 of us will be plenty........unless all the "cousins" are joining us! haha!

The Upgrade Fairy worked her magic for us last April. We were in a Q5 for our QM2 transatlantic. Bottles of red wine were restocked promptly after consumption. Even the vodka bottle was replaced on Day 5 of the crossing.

Kindly Chap is correct regarding QE2. We were in a Q4 (the Upgrade Fairy must like us!) and did not have a stocked bar.

OH NO! "Kindlychap" is busting our bubble! I've all but eaten the QM2 brochure

I'm guessing Kindlychap wouldn't say such a thing if he doesn't know first hand.........

Ah, but the trouble with the QM2 brochure is that it is completely useless if you want to know about Queen Elizabeth 2!!!

I have travelled in Q1/Q2 and QG grades on QE2. Q3/Q4 are really only double QGs, and QS misplaced (some will say, with good reason, better placed) Q1.5s

I have never managed to finish one litre of spirits, but gather that they are replaced. Have heard that some people manage a bottle like that a day!

Archived