Help Me Decide!!

SW.FloridaPhil

This is a hard choice. My DW and I have sailed RCCL and Celebrity. I sailed NCL many years ago when one of the ships was called the Seaward. We lost out on the Hawaii repositioning cruise, (mechanical problems) when NCL cancelled it. Our time for taking advantage of the deal they offered is running out. Since looking at these boards lately, I seem to be reading a lot of negative things about the ships sailing in Hawaii. Bad service, cold food, Norovirus and other thimgs. Some reviews are not bad, but with the number of negative ones, I am having a hard time deciding which ship to book. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

The American crews have not been winning great reviews on any of the NCLA ships. I would choose the Wind sailing to Kiribiti, as it has an international cruise, even though its a longer cruise on an older ship.

If the longer cruise is not within your time frame, I would choose whether starting and ending a NCLA cruise on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday best fits your travel plans.

From what I've been reading, the Pride of America seems to be getting the best reviews lately. Here's the Cruise Critic member ratings for these ships:

Pride of Aloha > 3 Stars

Pride of America > 4 Stars

Pride of Hawaii > 4 Stars

Norwegian Wind > 4 Stars

The Pride of Aloha took some significant hits with its many smaller inside cabins, which shouldn't be a problem for just two passengers. All the Prides took significant hits on service with 3 Stars whereas the Wind has maintained 5 Stars for service. But the Wind has the fewest restaurants and bars/lounges because it's the oldest ship.

It's difficult to choose between these ships because the ratings vary so much between categories, it really depends upon which category for comparison means more to you.

Archived