Looking for cheap transfer from portof Miami to FLL

cruisin' dad

We are sailing on the Fascination 12/11-12/15. I'm using Tri County transportation's shared ride to get from FLL to the Port of Miami @ $18/person but they don't offer it from the port when we disembark. I can book a sedan through them for the 2 of us for $86 but would rather find something cheaper. Our flight doesn't leave until 12:30 so we won't be in a hurry to get of the ship and we don't want to sit around the airport for 3-4 hours. How much is the Carnival transfer? When does the last one leave the port?

We are sailing on the Fascination 12/11-12/15. I'm using Tri County transportation's shared ride to get from FLL to the Port of Miami @ $18/person but they don't offer it from the port when we disembark. I can book a sedan through them for the 2 of us for $86 but would rather find something cheaper. Our flight doesn't leave until 12:30 so we won't be in a hurry to get of the ship and we don't want to sit around the airport for 3-4 hours. How much is the Carnival transfer? When does the last one leave the port?

We booked them round trip to and from our hotel. Why won't they pick you up from the port?

I just took the Carnival transfer from Port of Miami to FLL and it was $24. I was happy to pay that compared to the "about $70" the taxi driver told me. (I asked before I sailed and then bought the transfer ticket onboard). I used Tri County shared van ride out to the port and it was very nice. I called them and asked the same about the return trip but apparently they can't wait around for people to disembark at who knows what time. Time is money I guess. Have a great cruise.

We took a taxi from pier to Airport - Flat rate was $24.00

Bonus - our taxi driver couldn't read the signs. We are tourists and were telling this goof ball how to get off that freeway then to find our Airline sign...he was so clueless....

Believe me it was an adventure, plus he had the heat on instead of the A/C....

I just took the Carnival transfer from Port of Miami to FLL and it was $24. I was happy to pay that compared to the "about $70" the taxi driver told me. (I asked before I sailed and then bought the transfer ticket onboard). I used Tri County shared van ride out to the port and it was very nice. I called them and asked the same about the return trip but apparently they can't wait around for people to disembark at who knows what time. Time is money I guess. Have a great cruise.

Nice to know about the transfer, thanks!! Did you just buy the transfer after you were onboard? I mean you didn't have to prearrange that, your ride back to the airport after the cruise?

We used www.larryslimo.com for 6 adults and each paid 33.00 round trip with the tip included.

tri-county does have a pick up-- you just have to reserve it ahead of time.

FLL is a 45 minute ride from the port of Miami if traffic is good. Airport will be a zoo. check out cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be in port leaving off passengers. (we have close to 9 ships on the day we get off)

We purchased Carnival transfers from Miami port to FLL airport for $20 pp - buses go as they fill up - but don't think you have a lot of time! As Serene mentioned FLL airport will be a madhouse - we had a 12:45 flight were on the bus by 9:30 - left at 10 am - got to the airport at 10:40 - and BARELY made it to our flight.

Big lineups out the door to get thru security (and this was in Januar 2006) and get to the gate. So I would suggest you don't dawdle!

Have fun!

Frouf

Archived