Arriving 6:30am on ship departure date. What to do?

PrincessCruisesLover

Hi all! Any advise will be helpful:

My sister and her DH will be arriving at FLL at 6:30am. We are trying to figure out what they can do before they can go to Port Everglades. How early do you think they can go and wait at Port Everglades? They know they will not get on the ship right away, they just need somewhere to go in the meantime. Of course there is also the issue of their luggage that will be with them.

Thought, suggestions??

Thanks!

I was at Port Everglades Sunday 11/11-I got there at 10:20 for my Royal Carib-Jewell cruise.. There was a waiting area with coffe and muffins available. They started embarking at 11:30 and I was not the first on. I dont mind being at the pier early at all. I would call the pier and make sure there is a waiting area at your ship.

Harry

Princess (I assume you are cruiseing Princess from your name) does not have a waiting room with coffee and donuts - you will wait outside - you shouldn't get there before about 11:30 - they do not usually open the doors till 12:00. Find a place to have a leisurely breakfast.

Ron

On our last Princess cruise out of Port Everglades (Coral, March 2006), we got to the pier at 11:00. There was a waiting area inside, although I don't know if they had coffee available. We started to board about 11:30, and were on the ship before noon.

When arriving, I would get a cart, leisurely claim luggage, find a place for breakfast, have something to eat, then head to the pier. This should hopefully kill about three hours. The only problem is you'll want to kill about four hours, as it's not a good idea to get there before 10:30.

If they go to Port Everglades that early they are not going to able to check in their luggage.

Hanging around the airport is out of the question. When you claim your luggage you are outside of security. There are no places to get anything to eat or drink on that level. There MIGHT be 1 place upstairs near the security line. I think it was more of a stand and not a place to sit down and eat. I don't think they are going to want to do this.

My suggestion is to rent a car, go have a nice breakfast, take a drive around Ft.Lauderdale then return the car and go to the ship.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!

Gizmo (great screen name :) ), I was thinking the same thing. That way they will not have to worry about their luggage either.

I called that new company, Bags to Go, and they do offer a service in the airport where you can store your bags ($5/per bag). Or you can pay $25 and they will take your bags to the ship for you. Personally, that would make me nervous.

I called around, and there are some hotels that offer day rates (staring at $109 :eek: ). Just not worth it, since they really only need to kill about 4 hours.

Thanks again.

Archived