Taxi Cost to South Friars

Spanky My

Hi Spanky My,

For a group of 6 of us, it was $4 per person from the dock to South Friars Bay Beach. We continued on to Cockleshell Beach though, at my Dad's request, which brought the fare to $5 per person, and we arranged for a pickup with our same driver to get back to port. Watch for monkeys on the roadside! :)

Hi Spanky My,

We LOVE snorkeling. I must say I liked Cockleshell Beach best. It has a fantastic view of Nevis, and the snorkeling was great (sea fans, lots of live corals, starfish). When you get there, head left along the beach towards the hill and the single yellow house made of stacked cargo containers. Enter the water near the house, and follow the rocks along the base of the hill. I even saw a bright blue coral I'd never seen before.

I would definitely rank this as one of my favorite Caribbean beaches. The sand is powdery, the water is turquoise, the snorkeling was excellent, no crowds, there's a small volleyball net, palm trees surround the quintessential beach bar, and... I just can't say enough about the view of Nevis. The beach bar was very cool, and they have good BBQ chicken and ribs. Carib beer is $2, Lion Punch is $4, and beach chairs rent for $5.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Hi Nancycara,

Lunch was written out on a chalkboard; no conch fritters on the board the day we went. The items to choose from were: BBQ Chicken and/or BBQ Ribs (the "Combo" plate) or Grilled Fish. Each plate came with Grilled Seasoned Corn, Plantains, Broccoli, and Coconut Slaw. I'm not a coconut or slaw fan, but this was really good.

Funny that you mention conch fritters, as DH and I are on a quest for the perfect conch fritter. The best we have found in our travels (so far) was in Tortola at Rhymer's at Cane Garden Bay. :)

Archived