Update from Aboard the Dawn

xlivin0naprayerx

I was replying back to the person that commented about enjoying NYC not about your AZIPOD backround. Second, the word was worse not worst and third you should learn to be a little nicer it gets you more, I would think with all that education you would know manners. DAH, further more people that were on that sailing said the police were called on board because of a group of people in one of the bars had a fight between each other not because of unruly passangers.

The way NCL went about a bad situation made it worst??????

First, it's apparent the Dawn did not have an azipod problem with the earlier cruise, having arrived back into New York two hours early. There's no way a ship with one azipod broken could arrive two hours early. Those suggesting that NCL knew it had a problem with the azipod before leaving New York were speculating.

They left on Sunday, and by, at the latest, mid day Monday knew they had a problem.

They pulled immediately into the next port when also faced with a storm getting worst. They immediately gave everyone $50 (up to $100 per cabin) on board credits. This is the normal amount of compensation NCL gives to passengers when missing a port. When they couldn't fix the problem with the azipod quickly and decided to stay in Norfolk an extra day, causing more missed ports, and with permission from Miami (headquarters), they upped the compensation to a full refund, plus 25% of this cruise, off for the next cruise booked for next year.

That's not making a situation worse. It's an attempt by NCL to make the situation better. What really made the situation worse were unruly passengers expecting more compensation the first day, angrily mobbing the Captain and Cruise Director, that he had to call in the local Norfolk police to maintain order.

It wasn't NCL that comprised the angry mob!:eek:

Let's agree to disagree on this. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.:)

Host Cecilia: Please don't kill this thread until I have apologized to everyone that I have offended.

Olive branch extended!

Above sea level cruiser, I saw your previous explanation and hope that neither of us is as abstinent as the other seems to think ;) . The only thing I'd disagree with at this point (in the explanation) is that it seems as if you think anyone not on the cruise shouldn't have an opinion. To that I disagree but I can accept that as your opinion. (provided of course I understand it correctly)

happy sails

-Monte

Olive branch extended!

Above sea level cruiser, I saw your previous explanation and hope that neither of us is as abstinent as the other seems to think ;) . The only thing I'd disagree with at this point (in the explanation) is that it seems as if you think anyone not on the cruise shouldn't have an opinion. To that I disagree but I can accept that as your opinion. (provided of course I understand it correctly)

happy sails

-Monte

Now how am I supposed to stay mad with a comment like that?:) I actually love opinions - we all have them! Sometimes I just word mine incorrectly I guess and I get my back up, for which I owe you all an apology. Thanks Monte, you are a true gentleman. From now on I will try and play nice. Can't promise anything, but I will try.;)

Here's your first post on this thread:

Well, we haven't been tight lipped, have we? And by the way, you forgot to mention the added 25% of this cruise refund on their next NCL cruise.

So, NCL is giving them a 125% of this cruise's fares refund, 100% for this cruise, and 25% for the next NCL cruise, plus the added $100 per cabin on this cruise as on board credits.

Try getting 125% plus refund from Walmart, Sears, or any other retail store. Yes, it was a great deal.

I know the passengers were disappointed to not make it all the way to Florida on this cruise. But, I still believe NCL compensated them well.

I still believe NCL acted in a responsible way.

As do I. As a mater of fact, I think cruiselines offer huge amounts of compensation when things go wrong. I apologize if I came across as meaning something otherwise.:o

Good for you! Are you finished yelling?

And, if these people flew to the Bahamas and had bad weather for a week (holiday or not) do you think, for one moment, that the hotel they were booked at would give them another week for free?

I think NOT...yes I am yelling!...NO compensation!

Did you ever stay in a hotel that had a power failure for one or two days?? You walk instead of elevators... NO compensation!

Yup...ship happens!

What does an airline give you when a flight is delayed? A later flight..if you're lucky!

Get REAL!!!

I am finished yelling. Sorry to get so bent out of shape. I just get so upset when other peoples holidays don't go as well as ours do. And yes I do think that the compensation was fair. More than fair actually - I just think I feel sorry for the people that had to get the credit. It means there holiday didn't go as well as every cruise that we have been on.:(

Good for you! Are you finished yelling?

And, if these people flew to the Bahamas and had bad weather for a week (holiday or not) do you think, for one moment, that the hotel they were booked at would give them another week for free?

I think NOT...yes I am yelling!...NO compensation!

Did you ever stay in a hotel that had a power failure for one or two days?? You walk instead of elevators... NO compensation!

Yup...ship happens!

What does an airline give you when a flight is delayed? A later flight..if you're lucky!

Get REAL!!!

The reality was I used up my vacation spent over $700.00 on board Did not get a later cruise and my tenth anniversary will never happen again.

Archived