dresses?

cupidsarrrow

Hello, I am looking for websites with beautiful dresses for our upcoming cruise in january. I seen the dresses on that one post with venus...loved them but I am not too sure I am young enough for the ones I liked!:)

I want something stunning so if any of you know of some good web sites out there that would be great. I have done a google search and found some, but not really what I am looking for.

Hi,:) I don't know which dress you are talking about....but

I also don't know your style or age or what type of dress you

are looking for.....does it have to be on line?

Dillards always has a good selection of dresses....from work/career

to cocktail to long evening gowns.

If you want to look on the net, Coldwater Creek (in my opinion)

has a very good variety as well.

www.coldwatercreek.com is the link. Click on it and then click

on dresses.

Hope this helps a bit and enjoy your cruise:)

Cupids,

I just answered this yesterday regarding a wedding dress for the reception. I checked my own advice out and I still wish to give it. eBay. EBay has NEW dresses aplenty and you can check up on the seller to see how good they are. Some dresses you can buy outright without waiting the bidding time. There are loads of new dressy dresses and formals in all kinds of sizes. Good luck.

--Jo

Thanks so much for the tips everyone...Ebay? I never would have thought of that, great links! But here is my next dilema, I seen a real nice strapless dress but, anyone know of a good strapless bra to keep my girls in place?? I have one but, when ever I bend over they fall out to say hello to everyone. would love to wear a strapless but.....I read somewhere some use duct tape...sorry cant see myself taping myself in place and my DH lord help me what he would think!!:eek:

I have bought dresses from eBay and my strong advice is to try on dresses at a real store first. Formal gowns are sized differently. While I normally wear an 8-10, I wear anywhere from a 10-14 in gowns. The dresses I have bought on eBay hang unworn in my closet --- unless I try on the exact designer in a store and feel very confident about the sizing.

Before Christmas there will be big markdowns on formal dresses at the major department stores (Dillards, Belk, Macy's, Nordstrom), and you should be able to find something fabulous in plenty of time for your cruise. I bought two gowns at Macy's in September prior to our last cruise --- both for $27, regular about $150 each.

While you're in store, go to lingerie to have a proper bra fitting and pick out a good strapless (if you need it for your dress). The fittings are always free, and those ladies do an excellent job of getting you in to the right size and style. You don't need to spend more on a bra to use their services.

Hope this helps.

I have bought dresses from eBay and my strong advice is to try on dresses at a real store first. Formal gowns are sized differently. While I normally wear an 8-10, I wear anywhere from a 10-14 in gowns. The dresses I have bought on eBay hang unworn in my closet --- unless I try on the exact designer in a store and feel very confident about the sizing.

I can't agree with you more WaterBaby about buying dresses on eBay without trying on the actual dress in the store. I also have a dress I bought from ebay that fits fine but is just not well made...it certainly wasn't what I thought it was going to be. So it is in my closet and will remain there until I donate it to Goodwill or drop it off at a consignment shop! :( Most ebay policies are "no return" under any circumstances. Any time I am tempted to browse ebay for a new dress I remind myself of the big blue monstrosity hanging in the closet!! :eek:

I have gotten both of my formal dresses for my upcoming cruise off of ebay. They are both from David's Bridal and are completely gorgeous. One was $27 and the other was $15 (including shipping). If I would have bought these dresses from the store they would have easily been over $150 each.

Ebay is a great place to get dresses if you do your research. Don't just bid on anything. Carefully read the items description and the sellers feedback. I buy many many things from ebay and have not been disappointed yet.

:)

Thanks so much for the tips everyone...Ebay? I never would have thought of that, great links! But here is my next dilema, I seen a real nice strapless dress but, anyone know of a good strapless bra to keep my girls in place?? I have one but, when ever I bend over they fall out to say hello to everyone. would love to wear a strapless but.....I read somewhere some use duct tape...sorry cant see myself taping myself in place and my DH lord help me what he would think!!:eek:

I've had the best luck with my bustier - ie almost a corset type thing that covers your tummy as well (not a bad thing to hold in the "pooch" that inevitably comes after pigging out at formal night!!). You don't nearly get as much "shifting" as occurs with regular strapless bras.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XG-152434&page=1&cgname=OSBRPBUSZZZ&rfnbr=2785

You can find them much cheaper than Victoria's Secret though. I paid $50 for mine when I had to buy it for a strapless dress when I was in a bridesmaid in a wedding. Believe me, it's paid for itself over and over again since then!! You might try a bridal store.

Thanks for the tip for the bra from VS...I am heading shopping tomorrow to check them out. Dont know about finding Victoria Secret store but now have the idea of what to look for. Frankly I dont care what the cost of the bra is, only if it lives up to what it is supose to do. The idea of helping out the tummy too:D , after having kids I need a little help in that area too!! When it comes to sit ups my tummy states lay back down woman!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Archived