Vibrations in aft cabins?

jswrpw83

I've heard so many talk about how great the aft cabins are, for their views and extra balcony space. But aren't there vibrations whenever the ship is moving or preparing to move? I once ate at the Johnny Rocket's aboard the Navigator and had to leave during my meal because it was so bothersome. And the restaurant is all the way up on the 11th deck!

We did find a little more vibration, especially when maneuvering into port, and more motion in the aft than a mid ship location. But not enough to prevent us from booking any aft location - and we'd much rather have a full aft cabin for the view and veranda. Easily a good trade off in our opinion.

We've been in aft cabins three times on Infinity and never felt any major vibrations. Now we have been at the furthest aft dining room table on Galaxy and been shaken off our seats. But never in any of our aft cabins and we have been on decks 7, 8 and 9.

I have had aft cabins 3 times also. I have never felt vibrations either. I have missed the "sail away" because I didn't feel the ship moving. I was unpacking. When I glanced at the window, I was shocked to see we had left Miami.

Another point, the ships have docked when I've been sleeping. I awake to see a brand new port. If it was vibrating, it would of woken me up.

The Century class ships have severe vibrations in the aft cabins during port maneuveurs. They occur early in the morning and later in day when leaving

port. They will wake you up and the whole room will shake for about five minutes. This was in the family cabins. Except for that, they are great cabins.

Archived