Bike tours in Key West & Grand Cayman?

phabric

My husband and I did the Cayman bike tour (booked though RCCL) a few weeks ago.

We are both relatively good athletes/mountain bikers, so it was very different to bike on very flat terrain. At one point we stopped at the top of a light slope, and were told we were at the 2nd highest point on the island (15ft above seal level). This is not a cardio workout at all....

We saw a number of sights - turtle farm, 7 mile beach, hell...it wasn't overly rushed and we had time to explore each sight. One of the tour guides (driving the support truck) was great. The guy leading the bikers was not a talker, to say the least. More like a pace bike, I guess.

It was very leisurely, but we feel like we got to see more of the island than we would have if we were in a cab/bus. The only complaint would be that it was a bit disorganized when it was time to get back to the port. We weren't sure when the bus would show up to pick us up at the resort to take us back to the port. My husband had to go find out after we had finished our pops and were waiting around.

There were about 10 people biking...all abilities/speeds.

We'd pick it again if we could do the trip over again, but don't expect high energy biking. The bikes are a bit on the roughed up side, and as there are no hills to speak of, the left brake is disconnected on all of the bikes. Helmets (provided) are mandatory.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you able to go into the turtle farm (was the admission included in the tour price) or just look from the outside, and just look at the beach (not have a swim) and Hell.

What was the refreshments at the end.

Did you have time to look at the stores after.

Was it 3 hrs.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you able to go into the turtle farm (was the admission included in the tour price) or just look from the outside, and just look at the beach (not have a swim) and Hell.

What was the refreshments at the end.

Did you have time to look at the stores after.

Was it 3 hrs.

admission to the turtle farm was included.

we also stopped at a store to sample rum cakes and several rums. (yummy).

we had about half an hour at the beach. (which is why they tell you to bring a towel). some people went in, some people just strolled.

same at hell...no charge there. about half an hour to look in the shop and take pictures of the rocks/building.

refreshments at the end were pop and/or juice. (no alcohol, but you could order one and pay if you wanted).

we did the early tour, so we had several hours of free time in town before going back to the ship.

it was about 3 hours, but definitely not 3 hours of biking. the bus rides to and from the starting point are about 20 mins each.

I did the Tropical Bike Tour in Key West a couple of years ago. It was a fun way to see Key West. It was a leisurely paced tour around Key West led by an energetic guy that has lived in Key West for over 20 years and we learned a lot about the area. We stopped several times to get off our bikes and explore. The bikes were "cruising" type of bikes--no gears and coaster breaks. A couple people feel off their bikes, but I'm not quite sure how that happened (no one was injured). We had a great time and thought it was a neat way to explore Key West.

Archived